The Perfect New Year’s Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

The New Year is coming around the corner. It’s a time to make a bunch of promises to your friends and yourself about becoming a new you… and then breaking all those promises after about 2 weeks. That’s okay! If we want to be better versions of ourselves, we will get there. It just won’t be an overnight transformation like we expect the New Year to bring. As we bring in the New Year, celebrating all the accomplishments of 2017 (focus on the positives, the new year is not going to be the reason life will get better.), we need to know how to bring it in right and in style.

Go Big Or Go Home

Wear that long elegant dress that makes you feel like you own a white marble mansion with 2 private jet parking spots. Slay like the queen you are while showing some leg. Feel ferocious and beautiful!

Sparkle And Shine

Who doesn’t love sparkles?!? Short or long, wear that dress that dazzles like your personality! New Year celebrations always have fireworks… why not BE the fireworks?

Club Ready

Not every New Year Celebration is going to be filled with big fancy occasions to wear a long flowy dress. Why not keep it simple? Wear a two piece outfit to the bars or clubs that does not require much effort but will blow everyone’s minds away.

G-L-A-M-O-U-R-O-U-S

Find that one dress that just speaks to you. That dress that can make you feel sweet and adorable, but when placed in the right lighting or at the right club, you look like a total bada$$.

Double Take

I know, we have seen this piece before, but this one is just as gorgeous in red, and if you put the 2 piece just right to look like a one piece, this outfit doubles as a dress you could wear to your fancy family dinner celebration and a dress you can wear to the bar.

That Little Black Dress

Of course you can be boring and get a simple little black dress with stringy straps, but if you are from the north, New Year is pretty darn cold. Why would you want to carry around a big puffy jacket? (disclaimer: if you are living anywhere that it is cold out during the holiday, bring a jacket. Your mom is always right. You will regret not wearing the jacket. Long sleeves DO NOT count as a jacket. BRING A JACKET.)  This dress is perfect to keep you warm when you get stuck too close to the ever-revolving door of the bar/club. Be stunning and warm all in one. Plus, if you start to sweat, nobody will notice because it is all black!

Bodysuits For Days

Let’s face it, most of us are broke by the time the New Year Celebrations are going on. We won’t be going out to elegant parties, bars that will be overpacked, and clubs that have creepy sweaty guys at them. Most of us will be having a girl’s night at a friend’s house. Why not look drop-dead-gorgeous for that too? Most of you already own a bodysuit and a skirt. Throw that together, do your hair up, slap on some makeup, and BAM you’re the best looking girl at your friend celebration!

I would like to say thank you to the gorgeous girls in my life, Mary, Julie, and Lora, for always looking absolutely stunning in anything they wear! They made these outfits, and this article, possible. I love and appreciate them so very much!