photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

I Broke The Law?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

It was about four or five years ago, and it was one of the rare times that my mom had agreed to take my sister and I to the mall late at night. We were already in town, so my mom agreed to let us look around for a few minutes.  I believe we were in Bon-Ton, or one of those huge department stores that have escalators.

We were looking through the store and then it hit me. I had to shit, and I had to shit now. I ran around the first floor, only to figure out that the bathrooms were on the second floor.  The only way to get to the second floor was obviously to get up the escalator. Unfortunately, I could not find the escalator that went up. I don’t know how I missed it, but all I cared about was getting to second floor. I looked at the escalator that was going down, and said “This is my only choice.”

I began to run up the escalator, even though it was obviously going a different direction. My mom began to scream at me that what I was doing was illegal, but I was too concerned with getting to the second floor. And let me just say that I got the second floor by the method previously mentioned. 

I asked a worker to point me to the restroom and off I went. The bathroom did not have working lights, toilet paper and this made me not be able to shit. All that work was for nothing, and I got lectured about running up escalators that are going down. Apparently I am very lucky that no one saw me do this, and I am to never do it again.  Honestly, I’m just impressed I could do it in the first place. 

N/A