A Letter from the Incoming Editor: Hello

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Hello my fellow collegiettes!

I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to be the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Chatham—especially as Chatham moves forward as a coeducational university. In the past, Her Campus has been like every other organization on campus—led by and made up of strong women. Before this year, every organization had a focus of supporting and lifting up women in our community. As we go coed, more of the organizations on campus will have a coeducational focus. Her Campus, however, will still stay committed to highlighting powerful women in our community.

One change, however, that must be addressed is that of the “Campus Cutie” section. In the past, we have always featured female cuties because the undergrad population was entirely female. This year we will accept nominations for male cuties as well—the way other campuses have. However, we want to stress that a “Campus Cutie” nomination should not be based on looks. The individual nominated should be a positive, inspiring student on campus that you feel deserves attention and praise. To nominate a fellow student for Campus Cutie at this time, please email indigobaloch@hercampus.com.

That all being said, I am looking forward to a wonderful year for HC Chatham. We are planning a lot of events with other organizations on campus, so keep an eye out for those. If you are interested in being a part of the HC Chatham family, please contact us at indigobaloch@hercampus.com. We are always looking for more writers, editors, and photographers!

If you have any specific questions or comments, feel free to comment below!

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.