10 Ways to Get Involved with HC Chatham This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

HC Chatham is planning an exciting Spring 2015! Here are 10 ways you can join us:

1. Write.

As an online magazine, we’re always looking for new writers! Whether you’ve had years of training or you’ve never shared your work before, we’ll help you discover and celebrate your voice. Editorial team members submit articles roughly once every two weeks, focusing on anything from fashion to sustainability. All writers choose their own topics, and opinion is encouraged. 

2. Become a photographer.

Obsessed with Instagram? We’d like to talk with you. HC Chatham photographers share their work in our Snapshot section, creating an ever-evolving gallery of campus life.

3. Focus on freelancing.

Need more flexibility? We get it. Submit writing or photography at any time to maraflanagan@hercampus.com. It’s a great way to build your portfolio of published work without making a big commitment.

4. Plan an event.

Or two. Or twelve. If you can dream it up, we’re probably willing to try it. Under the guidance of Events Director Lejla Avdagic, you’ll help bring Cougars together.

5. Go social.

If Facebook is always at your fingertips, you may get a kick out of joining our PR team. Social Media Director Amy Chau oversees HC Chatham’s social media presence, and she’s always looking for future marketing mavens to join her in spreading the word about what we’re doing.

6. Nominate a Campus Celebrity.

Every week, we feature a student, faculty/staff member, alum or visiting performer who’s doing cool work on or off campus. If you’ve got someone in mind, nominate them here

7. Nominate a Campus Cutie.

Our Campus Cutie section is all about celebrating the all-around awesomeness of students on campus. If you’d like to make a friend smile, nominate them here. We’ll reach out to them ASAP!

8. Follow us on social media.

We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

9. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

Want HC Chatham highlights delivered to your inbox each week? Add your email to our list here.

10. Submit an article idea.

If there’s a topic you’d like us to tackle, submit it here

Thanks for your support of HC Chatham! 

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.