Self-Care in the Summer with the Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Loving yourself is a year-round job, but girls often find themselves plagued by increased anxiety about their looks. Summer shouldn’t be a time to stress about having a “beach body,” but rather, women should be able to relax from the stress of school and life. Take time for yourself this summer, using some of the goodies in the Summer Survival Kit.

Read a little

Find a book that speaks to you, and lose yourself in it for awhile. I’d recommend White Fur by Jardine Libraire, a book about the struggles of adulting that is just. so. relatable. !!! (Except maybe about the part where they’re star-crossed lovers, and it’s in the 80’s, and it’s in New York City, and it’s…. Yeah, well lose yourself.) Turn off your phone, get relaxed, and get ready to lose yourself in the book.

Take care of yourself

Take your makeup off and let your skin breathe for a bit. Included in the Summer Survival Kit is Simply Summer’s Eve Gentle Foaming Wash and Simply Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloths in Coconut Water and Mandarin Blossom, which smell absolutely amazing. Feel amazing, smell amazing.

Have a drink

Use the Her Campus can holders (with the super cute quotes) to kick back and relax. Have a soda, have a beer, just be responsible and let loose.

Take a little trip

If you choose to take a trip – whether that’s on a vacation or out into the daylight for the first time in weeks – be sure to bring your toothbrush protector. These Steripod Toothbrush Protector, a clip-on pod that uses active thymol vapors to keep your toothbrush clean for up to three months. Perfect for summer!