This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

You raised me to make good choices. You raised me to be a good person and a beautiful human being, and that’s the greatest gift anyone has ever given me.

You never missed a single one of my theater performances, ballet concerts or piano recitals. You were always there cheering me on. Thank you, because you showed me that, no matter what, I would always have my two biggest fans with me every step of the way. And I was right. Here I am in college, with my two biggest fans still cheering me on. You count the days till I return home, and your excitement travels the miles that separate us and makes me confident that I will always have your support.

I know there have been countless times when we have fought, disagreed and even said things that we didn’t mean. But I want you to know that you are the greatest parents in the world and nothing is ever going to change that. There are so many things that I want to thank you for. But most of all, thank you for showing me that no matter where I am or what I’m doing, I will always have you by my side.

You have always told me how proud you are of me. But you know something? I’m proud of you too. You make me the proudest daughter in the world.