Campus Cutie: Samir Kamnani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Samir Kamnani

Year: Sophomore

Major: Computer Information Systems

Hometown: Cerritos, CA

Affiliation: Phi Kappa Tau

Relationship Status: Single

If you were to describe yourself in 4 words, what would they be?

Awkward, outgoing, awkwardly outgoing.

Do you have any weird hobbies?

I play a weird sport called “Dragonboating.” It’s kind of like paddle boarding, but you’re sitting down and have 20 other people. I also thoroughly enjoy watching superhero movies and TV shows.

Who is your favorite superhero?

I know this is going to be generic, but honestly, Superman.

Top 3 favorite artists?

I don’t have any “favorite” artists since I love pulling top songs from everyone, but if I were to choose, probably Drake, Kanye and Chance.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m in Greek Life, a Resident Advisor (RA) in Pralle and a tour guide at the Office of Admission.

What’s your favorite part about being an RA?

The most rewarding thing is knowing that you made a positive impact, and I feel as if I can and have done that in Residence Life.

What is your favorite college memory so far?

Definitely being in Skit last year. I’m a hip-hop dancer, but I’m not good enough to be a dance major. I was missing dance a lot so when this event came around, I was asked to choreograph and be the lead role. I got to bond with all of my brothers, Greek Life as a whole, and get up on stage.

What is your ideal date?

Straight up, a nap. Either that, or go to an amusement park.

What are some qualities you look for in a significant other?

I need someone who is easy to talk to because I’m an awkward person. I need someone who is quirky, fun, down for Netflix, and love trying new foods.

So you mentioned Netflix, are you looking for someone more for “Netflix & Chill” or “Hulu & Commitment”?

Definitely “Hulu & Commitment.” I need someone to commit to having Hulu.

But for now, is there a show that you prefer to Netflix & Chill to?

How I Met Your Mother.

Last question: do you have any party tricks?

Writing people up — what parties? I’m an RA!! 

Chapman Panther (2018) | Kinesiology Major | Leadership Studies Minor | Phi Sig Alum | B- in Personality | "hella"