10 Things To Do While Sexiled

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

As college students, we have all been forced to answer the call of dutiful roommate and wing-woman, taking to the library or study lounge, and packing our bags as if we’ll be gone for a month when hopefully it’ll only be an hour or two.

We rush out of the room with the familiar ritual now of grabbing our laptop, accompanying charger, snacks, and books.

But say you have a roommate with a surprisingly impressive stamina and you’ve just finished the last episode of New Girl…what are you going to do now?

Help is on the way.

1. Download music and find a new band/musician to follow.

2. Look up new events coming up around campus or in the city near you. It’ll help you to look forward to something while you’re trapped for who knows how long.

3. If you’re a great student, get started on that paper that is due in a month. Take care of your future self and avoid procrastination. You’ll feel proud of yourself and might forget the fact that you’ve been kicked out for 3 hours now.

4. WORKOUT! What better way to spend your time than to spend it exercising? You’re bound to spend at least half an hour at the fitness center and you’ll come out sweaty but victorious- knowing you made the most of your time. And let’s be real, there are ALWAYS cute guys at the gym…in muscle tees…with rippling muscles…need I say more?

5. Watch a movie! This one speaks for itself ladies and you might not even have to finish the whole movie before you get that long-awaited text that will unshackle you from the lounge.

6. Do laundry. Laundry is another activity that will take you at least two hours. This might be a little more tricky if you have to leave in a hurry, but if you can, it’s a very efficient use of your time.

7. Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while. When you get caught up in classes you don’t prioritize keeping in touch with friends from back home. Use this time to call or skype your besties or parents, and catch up on all the things you’ve missed.

8. Read.

9. Make a bucket list. Look up all the places you want to travel to, all the things you want to buy, all the movies you have yet to see…by the time your roommate is finished, you’ll have at least 50 new conquests scribbled down.

10. HAVE SEX YOURSELF!!! What better way to spend time sexiled than to sexile someone else? Pass it on.