Campus Cutie: Austin Glock Andrews ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

A true Tar Heel born and bred, our Campus Cutie this week has nothing but love for UNC. Possibly the next Indiana Jones, read on to get to know senior Austin Glock Andrews as he talks to Her Campus about Beyoncé, Hercules and more!

Year: Senior

Major: Classical Archaeology and Religious Studies

Dream Job:  I hope to be a real-life archaeologist when I grow up.  

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Who is your Celebrity Crush?

AGA: My celebrity crush is definitely Beyoncé.  She’s been there with me through the lows and the highs of life, from the moments when I’m haunted to when I’m crazy drunk in love.  

HC: What is your ideal date?

AGA:  I think that my ideal date consists of food or coffee and doing something.  Like, for instance, getting dinner and taking a walk, grabbing coffee and visiting an art museum.  The best dates are where you can talk, but also experience something together.  

HC: What is your favorite food or drink?

AGA: Pistachios are everything.  My favorite drink is Blenheim ginger ale- a spicy ginger ale you can only find it in parts of North and South Carolina- and I really think that I could subsist off of Blenheim and pistachios for a substantial period of time.  Some of the best Christmas gifts I’ve received consisted of just Blenheim and pistachios.

HC: Why did you decide to come to UNC?

AGA: I’m very North Carolinian (read: I know the state toast by heart), so UNC has always been a dream school for me.  I know I have pretty weird majors, but I came into Carolina knowing exactly what I wanted to study for the next four years — and UNC has amazing departments for both programs.  

HC: What is your favorite movie?

AGA: O Brother Where Art Thou is my favorite movie.  It’s based on the Odyssey and I love good Classical references.  Disney’s Hercules is a close second for similar reasons, not to mention that they both have astounding soundtracks.  How else am I suppose to power through writing final essays if I don’t have “Go the Distance” constantly blaring in the background?

Say hi when you see Austin around campus, and don’t be afraid to invite him for a coffee and a stroll around the Ackland!

My name is Lauren, I am a recent transfer student to The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I previously attended George Mason University, where I was a member of PRSSA, Gamma Phi Beta International sorority, and Golden Key International Honour Society. I grew up in North Carolina, but spent a year in-between my freshman and sophomore year of college living in Bratislava, Slovakia with my family. During my time abroad I had an internship with The Slovak Atlantic Commission and was able to work in a multi-cultural work environment. I also traveled throughout Europe while I was living in Slovakia, some of my favorite places I visited are London, Cannes, Zurich, Budapest, and Krakow. My goal is to one-day work as an entertainment publicist, I attended the 66th Festival de Cannes with my Cannes Cinephiles Accreditation. While at Cannes I met many industry leaders and knew this was the career for me. I am also a student member of The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. I look forward to the new adventures that await me as a transfer student at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.