alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 People Having A Harder Time Than You Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Exam season can be tough for even the smartest of students and can leave any of us feeling pretty low.  Tests on tests on tests can really weigh down on a person and that’s not very helpful when sitting in front of a scantron.  Something that always makes me feel better about my situation is thinking about someone who has it harder or who is struggling even a little more than I am.  So, it may seem like nothing is going your way, but to make you feel back on top, here are some people that are having a harder time than you right now.  

Martin O’Malley

You may be saying, “who?” and this is the exact reason this guy has made the list.  In the running for president in 2016, O’Malley has had a slow and rocky campaign, earning him only 4% approval in his home state of Maryland where he was governor for over eight years and even less nationally.  This most likely means that he is having a harder time than you right now.

Tony Romo

Another person having  harder time than you right now is Cowboys’ Tony Romo.  After suffering a collarbone injury during week two of the football season, Romo was finally able to re-enter the stadium and play the Thanksgiving day game against the Panthers, only to be sacked in the third quarter and suffer a hairline fracture on, you guessed it, his collarbone.  The Panthers ended the game with a victory of 33-14 and everyone’s facebook feeds full of Tony Romo memes of his famous apple “turnovers.”  

Ronda Rousey

Rousey was undefeated in her MMA season, until Holly Holm knocked her out in the second round.  Everyone was surprised, especially Rousey, to see Holm come out as the champion.  This earns Ronda a spot on this list.  A rematch is rumored to come.  

Ethan Hall

This 7-year-old Australian boy sang the national anthem at the opening of a baseball game with the hiccups the whole time, and he was having a harder time keeping it up than you are right now. Ethan was not able to get through a single line or two without being interrupted by a hiccup. Many in the audience found it adorable and even the home team said it was one of the best renditions of their national anthem they had ever heard.  

Check out the video here.  

Donald Trump’s Hair

While this technically is not a person, it is connected to one, so I believe it can have a hard time as well.  It has been a topic of conversation for many years, from the color to the texture to the overall shape that his hair has taken. During his many campaign rallies and events, his hair has ceased to keep to itself, whether it’s in the wind or in the air conditioning. It has inspired many debates and even Twitter accounts and is definitely having a harder time than you right now.  

So it may seem like nothing is going the way you planned and you’re drowning in a sea of finals, but just remember these people are having a lot harder time than you are right now. Happy studying!

Avery Williams is a sophomore at UNC at Chapel Hill and majoring in Journalism. When she's not at school, she's either watching One Tree Hill reruns, eating popcorn, or memorizing the lyrics to her new favorite album.