brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Now Presenting: The Visionary Ghost Hallmon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

You wanted to hear about “Ghost” Hallmon! I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek into this phenomenal Clark Kent that is an astounding creative gracing us with his talents! Take a look at my interview with the Ghost Hallmon

H.C ~ Is “Ghost” a nickname you gave yourself as a brand or was it given?

The old me died circa fall 2013, somewhere in my time working twelve-hour night-shift security in the middle of nowhere in below freezing temperatures. Six months of virtual isolation gives you plenty of time to get lost in information and images and then get lost trying to piece everything together inside of your head. Eventually a rough blueprint of purpose was forged out of that darkness. “Ghost” is a representation of the entity birthed out of this, unbounded by absolutism and fear and filled with a quest to dive into depths of the unknown for the sake of building a better future for all of humanity. So to answer your question – it was earned. *laughs

H.C ~ What are some things you want to do new this year?

I would like to expand my network to other major U.S. cities including LA, NYC, Chicago, Miami, and etc. so that I can focus on expanding internationally next year. Additionally, I have a few music videos I’m working on for talented artists at CAU that I think are going to change the game. I make trash music as well and will probably drop a tape or something.

H.C ~ What made you interested in photography?

I actually started shooting music videos first way back in high school, and through continued practice (in addition to watching hundreds of critically acclaimed movies) I was able to develop something that resembled “talent”. Photography was just something I did on the side to compliment the videos. Again, out of continued practice and study I was able to develop some level of skill and style.

H.C ~ I looked at your photography page on IG @visualsxghost, and you truly have an eye for capturing a perfect moment. What distinguishes you from other photographers?

I ask myself this question all the time. I think it starts with how I shoot – very flat, unsaturated images. That gives me the range and flexibility to really crank out beautiful colors when editing, giving the images a realistic but somewhat cinematic look at the same time. That practice was just adopted from how I shoot and edit video. Another thing is hard shadows – I think shadows falling across the shape of complex objects like faces and nature make for interesting images.

H.C ~ What do you plan to do in the future career wise?

Create innovative and impactful content that drives culture forward in a positive direction despite an uncertain future. Build and fund technology that can provide improved quality of life around the globe including sustainable energy infrastructure and free internet access to impoverished communities. Talk shop with Elon Musk and Kanye West. Go to Mars. Digitally map my brain so that I can live on as an A.I. when my physical body dies. Simple stuff.

H.C ~ What are some things that you are passionate about?

Power and purpose. Art. Life. Death. Humanity. The infinite unanswered questions left to observe and understand about the universe that hopefully we’ll live or evolve long enough to see a small percentage of. Making humans a trill multiplanetary species. All that.

H.C ~ Also! When I saw the promo for CAU’s homecoming I didn’t realize until now that that’s your work (seeing the ghost image at the beginning)! Are you gonna be the photographer for all the events of homecoming?

No one has hit me up about it so who knows, but probably not. I just saw a crazy dope video today of the Homecoming pep rally and was blown away. There’s plenty of capable and amazing talent around CAU so the school is in good hands regardless.

H.C ~ How does it feel to recognized as Ford AUC Campus Influencer?

It’s pretty lit, especially since I had no idea that was going on and it came as a surprise. Shout out to GoHBCU for helping me get recognition for my work, it’s very much appreciated.

H.C ~  What was the process like to be entered and where do you go from now since receiving the title?

Like I said I had no idea it was going on so I’m curious as to how the selection process went myself. GoHBCU has some pretty dope events coming up Thursday and Friday of Homecoming week on the front steps of the library. Everyone should definitely come check it out if you have the time.

H.C ~ Since its Ford sponsored, will you be getting a new car!??

I wish. I don’t think so though.

Short Freebie Questions

H.C ~ What is something you want to do that you haven’t done lately?

Sleep properly.

H.C ~ You’re out in city with your friends, what will your outing look like?

Hangover Part 4 mixed with a John Woo action movie. Probably not that cool but that’s what I try to achieve every time. 

H.C ~ If you could describe yourself using a celebrity, who would you choose?

Kanye West and Elon Musk.

H.C ~ What song are you tired of hearing on the radio?

I don’t listen to radio. Apple Music and Soundcloud gang all day.

H.C ~ Favorite song on the radio?

Not on the radio but – Hunker Down by Corbin (Spooky Black).

H.C ~ Any siblings?

Yeah, a little sister. She’s way cooler than me: kicked ass on the boys wrestling team in high school, continued my family tradition of joining the Navy (I’m in the Navy by the way), and can powerlift way more than I can right now. Don’t judge me, I’ve been out the gym for a minute cause I got hella bills to pay.

H.C ~ What is one of your biggest accomplishments?

Not dying. Oh wait… (see question 1).

H.C ~ What question did you think I was gonna ask but did not?

I thought you were going to ask if I can see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch. Sadly, I was mistaken.

Thats all from the Ghost Hallmon! Stayed tuned HerCampusCAU babes for more phenomenal people you wanted the dets on! xoxo          

Hello! My name is Therecia Lang. I am a sophomore at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in the popping city of Atlanta, Georgia. My passion is in the Peforming Arts in the areas of acting and dancing. My major is Theatre Arts and I plan to pursue a career as an actor in TV/Film.