This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

The natural hair movement has been in full effect and taking care of our natural hair is an absolute must now. A black woman’s hair is like her crown; a crown that can be worn in many ways. Due to the versatility​ of this “crown”, it is important that it gets taken care of. It is important to protect the crown in ways other than deep conditioning and regular trims. It is normal to wear protective styles such as braids, twists, faux locs, and sew-ins. These forms of protective styles are super convenient and cute, but do you want to know what the best form of protective styles are? Wigs. Synthetic wigs, human hair wigs, frontal wigs, closure wigs…any kind of wig, you name it!

Wigs have officially made a comeback and the tracks have been attacked. Wigs are not just for people with little to no hair. The ancient Egyptians used wigs to protect their shaved heads against the sun, whereas modern day women use wigs to protect their hair from heat tools, as well as a fashion accessory. A females hair under a wig can grow just as much (if not more) as it could under a sew in. What makes wigs better than a regular sew in is that it can be taken off every day if you wanted to. With a wig, you don’t have to make a commitment to keep it on for a couple of months. Instead, you can buy multiple wigs and change them like you change your underwear (lol) or do a different wig every week.

When it comes to which protective style is the most versatile, wigs would be number one in the category. Wigs come in different textures, colors, and styles. Do you want braids but don’t really want to sit there for hours while straining your neck? Get a braided wig. Do you want that full, natural, curly look but you just did the big chop so your natural hair isn’t going to cut it? Boom, get a curly wig. Or, maybe you want to see how you would look with short hair before actually cutting it. For those who may want some of their hair out, a U-part wig may be best for them. For those who want their head to be fully covered with a realistic part should opt for a closure wig. For those who want it to look like it has all grown from their scalp (edges and all), lace frontal wigs are the answer. 360 lace frontal wigs are even better because they are lace and have baby hairs all around them that allows a high ponytail to look as natural as possible.

There is a wig for almost every style and look that you may want to try. Old church ladies and celebrities are not the only ones that are rocking wigs. It is 2018; who really feels like doing their own hair anymore? We are too busy to be doing all of that. Why put so much effort in doing your hair when you can just throw on a wig and be just as poppin? (If not more of course.)

Photocredits: Photo

Born and raised in Covington,GA , Jayla Ores is a freshmen at the Illustrious Clark Atlanta University. She is majoring in Mass Media with hopes of having her own talk show.