Get Rid of Summer Boredom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

April showers bring May flowers. May flowers bring reminders that the semester has ended and it’s time to get down to business. What happens when you don’t have a job or an internship in place for the summer? Or, like some of us, your original plans fell through? Its not the time to shut yourself in your room. Here are some things to do while home for the summer: 

1. Keep on applying for jobs/internship positions in your home town. No one should deter you from continuing your search. Whether it’s an unpaid or a paid position, you’re building your resumé and increasing your chances for future career opportunities after graduation.
  2. Rest your brain. Give yourself the break you really deserve. Treat yourself to relaxation and healing from this previous stressful semester. Drink more water, listen to your favorite songs, or binge watch some of your favorite shows on Netflix. 
  3. Build your relationships with your family and friends from back home. You haven’t seen them in months and they definitely miss you. Plan a few trips or outings and have some fun. 
  4. Create something that you love and build your craft. Whether it’s writing for your blog, creating content for your YouTube channel or studying for your MCAT prep test in the fall, there’s something for you to invest your time into. With all of this time on your hands, now is the best time.So now you know how to get rid of summer boredom. Not everything works out but, at the end of the day, everything happens for a reason. So what you didn’t get that job on the first try. Keep trying! Do what you want to do! It’s your life and you make the decisions here. In the words of Drake “Live girl, have some fun girl, we’ll be fine!”
Hi! I'm Aliyah, a Senior Business Administration major with a concentration in marketing from PG County, Maryland. I spend my time watching YouTube videos, Netflix and reading books. I love all things storytelling.