This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Halloween is not a Brazilian national Holiday. However it doesn’t mean (at all) that we don’t get excited about it. We do! In fact, probably because since it’s not our own, we’ve always looked up at it, and when we were younger, all we wanted to do was go to preschool dressed up in our costumes.  

So, it’s that time of the year when little kids will put on their costumes and go trick or treating while us, grown ups, will put on our coolest costumes and party on the weekend!

As we’ve been going through an economic crisis, the last thing we want is to spend money on an expensive costume we will wear only again in our lifetime. No big deal – we don’t need a lot of money to look great on Halloween! You can use things you already have at home to be the coolest character on October 31st! I’ll spill you a hint: usually, the coolest costumes are the ones you create by yourself!

So, get inspired by Cásper collegietes and what they wore at Pororoca (our anual costume party, which happened exactly 2 months before Halloween!), and rock your DIY Halloween Costume!

Movie Characters

Ana Beatriz Issler, a Journalism Freshman, dressed up as Angelica, from The Pirates of The Caribbean, because her friend told her she should choose one of Penélope Cruz’s characteres.

The Publicty and Advertising Junior Amanda Mezzovila nailed twice with her costumes. Once she dressed up as Mia Wallace, because she loves Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction, and then as Frida Kahlo, “Because she is awesome!”.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s Holly Golightly was interpreted by Pérola Couto, a Radio, TV and Internet Freshman. “I chose this costume because I love the clothes Audrey Hepburn wears in this movie, and I thought it was easy to copy!  I had the dress done by a seamstress, and it was inspired in two of her dresses”.

What about couple and group costumes? We have you covered!  

You can go matchy matchy, like Mariana González and André Valente, Journalism Sophomore and Junior, who looked great as sailors. Ahoy!

Or mismatch and still look great, like Matheus Meirelles, Journalism Sophomore, who rocked as Static Shock, and his girlfriend Leticia Sabbag, Junior, who dressed up as a mermaid. Ï chose this costume because Static Shock is my favorite black super hero. And Leticia was a mermaid, she has a beautiful story of love for them!”

What about joining your best friends in a group costume, like Júlia Miozzo, Marina Marini, Helena Alfarellos and Luana Carneiro, Journalism Sophomores, or should I say, Victoria’s Secret Angels? “We wanted a group costume which wasn’t very common or expensive. We were the only ones dressed like this!”.

So, have you decided what you will be wearing for Halloween?

I'm a journalism student at Cásper Líbero University and the fashion editor of Her Campus Cásper's Chapter.  My biggest dream is to travel the world and to be a poliglot!
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.