7 Pieces of Clothing From The Early 2000s That Are Trending Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Nowadays it is very common to see someone wearing things that are dropped in the back of their wardrobe. I bet that the first thing that comes on your head is “this is so old news, why would someone wear this in 2017?”, right?

Well, you should know that things doesn’t work like that anymore and the 2000’s clothes and accessories are coming back – and I bet you’re gonna like it! Famous people, bloggers and digital influencers are fitting and mixing up old pieces of clothing with new ones, and with the success of these outfits, the stores are starting to sell them again. So don’t be scared if you see something that you would find almost 20 years ago.

You realise something’s trending when you find it in every Instagram account or almost every people on the street wearing it. In this case, you may find the person old-fashioned. Maybe it’s becoming “new-fashion” again?! We’ll see.

Here are some of the 2000’s things that are trending again and how it’s being used now!

1. Fanny Pack

2. Cap

3. Fishnets

4. Tracksuits

5. Bucket hat (a.k.a. fishing hat)

6. Chokers

7. Birken

Are you ready to wear them all again? If you don’t know how to do this anymore, you can find a lot of looks’ inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram or even on Google. However, you’re always able to create your own style and wear things the way you like the most. Have fun!

Gabriella Caruso

Casper Libero '18

Advertising professional working in digital marketing. Concerts, motorsport, fashion and dogs a few of my favorite things.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.