Samantha Ammoun, ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Hometown: Ottawa, Ont. 

Major/Year: Journalism/2013

Relationship status: In a relationship 

What 3 things would you take with you to a desert island?

I would probably bring a water generator to help me turn on my laptop, so that’s two, and as for three…my own genie, who will offer me three amazing wishes like an unlimited supply of food! Can’t live without that!

What’s playing on your iPod right now?

The track I’ve been completely obsessed with the last couple of weeks has been “Get It Over With” by Rihanna from her recent album. That album from start to finish is incredible, I have a huge thing for techno and digitized sound. But that song really is beautifully written and extremely mellow. 

Why did you choose Carleton?

Carleton has the best journalism program and I had known that since Grade Nine. I’ve always wanted to do television and I just felt it was the right thing to do, plus Carleton’s right in my backyard…walking distance really, so that was convenient and pretty awesome. 

Who’s your celebrity crush?

RYAN GOSLING! I’ve had a major crush on him ever since he was like 15 and I was like probably 8! [laughs] But my best friend has a thing for him too (don’t tell her!) 

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Spare time is pretty precious, you know… taking a break from Twitter, Facebook and Netflix…so sometimes I try to squeeze in some school work! Jokessss!!! 

What would be your perfect date?

A perfect date…I think maybe my boyfriend buying my best friend and I a pair of tickets to a resort in Cuba, all inclusive! Sounds like a date to me!

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I always always wanted to become the next big superstar. I would always crank up some Celine Dion and Whitney and sing my heart out in the living room until someone would tell me, “We’ve had enough, we’ve heard you sing this 1000 times already!” I also had a thing for making songs with words that made no sense but hey, I was cute! [laughs]

Betty or Veronica? 

BETTY ALL THE WAY. The girl next door is definitely more someone I can relate to than snobby Veronica! Sorry Veronica fans!!!! 

Why do you want to be the next Much Music VJ?
I LOVE MUSIC. I have too much energy to bottle it up in a cubicle with an 8-4pm job! I’m always either jumping or talking really loud and about so many things all at once. I grew up watching Much Music, especially Strombo, and I can’t imagine myself anywhere else in the world.

What would you do first if you found it you were chosen to be the next VJ?

I think I would do the “I won the lottery” dance and then I’d probably call my mom! 

Wanna vote for Samantha? Check out her Much Music VJ Search profile right here!
Jasmine Williams is a fourth-year Journalism major, pursuing a minor in Film Studies at Carleton University. An internship at a recently launched online magazine prepared her for her new, exciting role as Campus Correspondent for Carleton University. She is never too far away from her iPhone and in her spare time, you can find her scrolling through various tumblr blogs while listening to Kings of Leon. After university, she hopes to pursue a career in online journalism.