What will you be celebrating this Easter?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

This year, the very religious holiday of Easter falls on the notorious 4/20. This is the long-celebrated holiday for stoners, though I’m not sure why. It will be interesting to see how our fellow collegiettes choose to spend their day. Many will return home for a big Easter brunch with their family. They’ll partake in all the traditional Easter traditions like the Easter egg hunt, Easter baskets, a huge brunch after church maybe. It won’t be any different than in the years before.

However, Easter church services aren’t the only thing going on this Sunday. Music festivals are going on across the country, including Coachella. Many of my fellow classmates have chosen to attend one of these festivities over going home for the holiday. Some are choosing to experience Easter with their family and maybe some friends dying some eggs and enjoying a nice spring day. Others are choosing to explore a different side of the day — attending a musical festival and maybe seeing some dye as well, but it will probably be tie-dyed clothing, not eggs.

Here are some of the options that people will be choosing between this weekend.

1. Church or concert

More traditional classmates may have chosen to go home for the holiday and attend the Easter church service with their families. Others may be choosing to attend a concert and chill to some less-than-gospel music.

2. Dyed eggs or tie-dyed clothing 

Some will choose to help their younger siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews or maybe even themselves to some good old egg-dying. Others may choose to go with some less traditional tie-died shirts on this exciting day.

3. Chocolate bunnies or chocolate edibles

What will you be eating this Sunday?

4. Grass or grass

Will you be searching for eggs in your lawn or spending your time with a different type of grass?

I do want to make it clear that I am not supporting either option specifically. I hope that my fellow classmates will be safe this Sunday and have fun spending time with family and friends.

I am a journalism major here at the amazing Cal Poly. My goal is to get paid to travel. The ultimate dream job would be to work for National Geographic or a magazine similar to that. I caught the travel bug when I went to China my sophomore year of high school. Since then I have been to Costa Rica, Spain and France. I hope to add to my list this summer and then maybe study abroad with Cal Poly. I love everything that has to do with the outdoors. I enjoy hiking, swimming, biking and yoga. I love writing and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Kayla Missman is a sophomore studying journalism at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Beyond serving as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Cal Poly, she works at Mustang News, the college newspaper, as a reporter and copy editor. Follow her on Twitter @kaymissman.