The Official SloDoCo Donut Ranking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

If you’re anything like us, you can agree that taking a study break to go eat a donut (or six) at SLODOCO is simply divine. But whenever we go, we’re immediately overwhelmed by all the delicious smells and donut options and proceed to stand at the counter for ten minutes stammering at the workers until we finally choose one. So now we’re here to help out the rest of you who suffer from the impossibility of donut choosing. We’ve created the official ranking of SLODOCO donuts, to help you out with picking a flavor next time you go. And yes, these are SLO Do Co staples, and we’ve tasted all of these.

1. Chai Cream Cheese

Literally nothing can top this donut. Even though it sounds a little funky, it is to die for. You can never go wrong with this choice.

2. Nutella

This is the popular choice among Cal Poly students and satisfies that Nutella addiction. Coming in at a whopping second place, this donut sure won’t disappoint.

3. Strawberry Cake

Cake based donuts don’t usually beat out filled donuts, but if you haven’t tried the strawberry cake, you must. It’s one of the sweetest options and guaranteed the best cake donut you could have.

4. Chocolate Chip/Maple Chocolate chip

Both of these chip filled options can satisfy whatever mood you find yourself in. With flexible tastes and two different flavor options, it is easy to be content.

5. Sweet Azuki

Yes, it sounds really weird. However, this Japanese sweet bean makes for a delectable twist in a filled donut.

6. Maple Bacon

If you harbor a more savory taste, then the maple bacon is the perfect choice. Plus, it’s bacon. You can never go wrong with bacon. But be warned, this donut is extremely rich, though appetizing!

7. Boysenberry

To be honest, I have no idea what is in the middle of this thing, but I don’t care. It’s fantastic and I wish I could eat twelve of these babies.

8. Devil’s Food Cake

Surprisingly, another cake-based donut has made it into the top ten! The devil’s food has multiple frosting options, but by far the most fun is the green frosting, giving you a yummy mint chocolate flavored donut that tastes just like a Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie.

9. Blueberry

This is a simple, lighter choice without frosting, making it the perfect breakfast donut. It’s basically an extra sweet blueberry muffin.

10. Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Imagine if your mom had packed you one of these for lunch in elementary school instead of that PB&J sandwich.

11. Chocolate Dobash and Vienna Crème

These two lovely specimens tie for number 11. They are your average crème filled donuts but with enhanced flavors that they don’t offer at your run-of-the mill donut shop back home.

12. Cereal

Another fun breakfast donut, these little beauties come topped with your favorite cereal, ranging from Fruit Loops to Lucky Charms.

13. Maple/Chocolate/Vanilla Cake

Any cake-based donut from SLODOCO is essentially delicious, so try them all. Plus these flavors are allowed to be enhanced by your own hands at the special frosting bar located at the back of the shop.

14. Cream Cheese

Not as exciting as Chai Crème Cheese, but still magnificent.

15. Old-Fashioned

Living up to their name, this is the perfect classic donut, with an extra buttery taste that compliments the sweetness.

16. Chocolate Glazed/Maple Glazed Bars, Twists, or Circles

Why get these from Albertsons when you could go across the street to SLODOCO and eat these standard donuts that are ten times more delicious.

17. Lemon Jelly/Jelly Filled

Eating one of these never fails to make me feel like I’m partaking in a fancy British tea party, and I love it.

18. Crumb

These taste phenomenal but always end up all over my lap instead of in my mouth.

19. Pumpkin

While one of the most popular donuts, these require a very specific taste, and should be reserved for Autumn to accompany that pumpkin spice latte.

20. Plain Glazed

I mean, they’re great, but I recommend tasting one of the other glorious options listed above. 

Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.
Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8