This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Nico Navarro
Major: Soil Science
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Ojai, California
Relationship Status: single

1. What are you involved in here at Cal Poly?
Club water polo and Earth and Soil Conservation

2. What are your hobbies?
Guitar, singing, and hiking

3. What would you want to do if you had the chance to plan a super fun date with someone?
Concerts are always a fun experience so I would take her to a good concert like Mumford & Sons. I heard they’re amazing live.  Then we would go and make dinner together.  I find that food really brings people together and it’s better than just going out to a restaurant.

4. If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?
I would definitely have dinner with Stephen Colbert.  That man is a genius. You can probably put him in any social context and he would be comfortable. Absolutely hilarious.

5. What’s your favorite food and why?
It’s easier to say what food I don’t like rather than what is my favorite.  But I would have to say that my favorite food is my Mom and Dad’s Mexican food.  She makes the best rice and beans and he makes the best steak.  Top it all of with salsa made from scratch and some tortillas and I’m in food heaven.

6. What’s your funniest memory at Cal Poly so far?
My funniest memory at Cal Poly was when my ex-girlfriend visited and went to the water polo banquet with me.  We left and right as we did it started raining.  So rather then wear her heels, I let her wear my dress shoes and she looked so ridiculous that we just laughed the whole way back.

7. What do you look for in a girl?
A good personality makes anyone attractive. For me, good attitude is definitely important to me because I tend to be optimistic.  I also like a girl with a pretty smile… and uses that smile a lot.

8. What are some weird/interesting facts about yourself?
I’ve broken my right foot,  left wrist twice, and right hand twice. I also am very sensitive to smells and I usually pick up on people’s smells.  My mom laughed at me because when I was in kindergarten my friend left his sweatshirt in our car and she didn’t know if it was mine or his.  I smelled the sweatshirt and told her it was my friends and she just laughed.  I found out that everyone has a distinct smell.