Josh Porterfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Name: Josh Porterfield

Major: Political Science

Year: Senior

Hometown: Snellville, Georgia

Relationship status: Single

Her Campus: What are some of your hobbies?

Josh Porterfield: I love traveling, sailing and aviation, tinkering with computers, and exploring the world.

HC: What is your best personality trait?

JP: I would say my willingness to help others is my best personality trait.

HC: Which fictional character is most like you?

JP: Harry Potter. He is trusting, loyal, brave, and not afraid to venture outside of his comfort zone. He always sees the good in people, and I would say that describes me pretty well.

HC: What song is your personal anthem?

JP: “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. The song inspires me when things are tough in my life, and allows me to look forward to the future and know that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

HC: Which superpower do you wish you had?

JP: Definitely teleportation, because there have been many times when I have wanted to get from one place to another very quickly.

HC: What is your favorite food?

JP: My absolute favorite food is Chicago-style deep dish pizza. I also am a huge fan of Mexican food, especially burritos.

HC: Where would you go on your dream vacation?

JP: There are so many places I really would love to go to that it is impossible to pick just one. Some of my top choices are Russia, the Canadian Rockies, and Iceland.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

JP: Jennifer Lawrence, she is not only incredibly attractive but is an amazing role model for our generation. I admire what she has done to combat the stereotypical Hollywood actress.

HC: What do you admire most in a girl?

JP: I love girls who are adventurous but who also care a lot about other people.

HC: Describe your ideal date.

JP: Exploring a city that neither of us knows much about and finding what makes the city unique. Every city has its own character, and I would love to share the experience of discovering it with a girl.

HC: What are some things on your bucket list?

JP: I really want to get my pilot’s license and scuba certification. I also dream of visiting all 50 states and exploring as much of the world as I can before I die.

HC: What’s the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?

JP: “Go. There’s nothing stopping you.” It really resonates with me because it tells me that I can accomplish anything in life that I set out to do. It enables me to live my life without regrets and not be afraid to do anything.

HC: If you were to become the President of the United States, what is the first thing you would do?

JP: I would do everything in my power to ensure that men and women receive equal wages. I would also reform the tax system to ensure that everyone pays their fair share and that there are no exemptions that benefit one income group over the other.

HC: Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

JP: I see myself as the President of the United States… no, not really. I do see myself settled down with a family and working for the government in order to better the lives of others. 

Lindsey Day is a third-year biological sciences major and volunteer with the Cal Poly Cat Program. She has a passion for science and law. Lindsey dreams of one day helping to eradicate an infectious disease as well as becoming a forensic scientist. She also loves photography, exploring nature, cooking, and going to comic book conventions.
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.