HCCP Reacts to the Extra Gum Commercial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

If you haven’t seen the Extra gum commercial yet,  it’s safe to assume you live in an isolated igloo in Antarctica where all forms of social media are banned.  If you want to witness something beautiful, magical, and everything that’s wonderful in life, please watch the commercial here:

At HCCP we appreciate love in all forms, even love that is sparked by a trivial piece of Extra spearmint gum. Through the intense feelings of utter awe, we were able to collect our thoughts enough to create  about all the #feels we endured throughout these 2 minutes of pure goodness.

1. #feelings

2. I wish finding love was actually that easy…

3. Why do these people always have gum in times of so much EMOTION. 

4. Oh, duh. Because fresh breath is necessary to find a soulmate. 

5. Why are they setting unrealistic expectations for love… Now I’m going to be so disappointed at a regular ol’ proposal on the beach. 

6. Why did they choose spearmint as the gum flavor to use in the commercial? Why not Peppermint? Classic bubble?

7. Extra Gum, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?

Well, that’s that. If you’re like us, you’re probably taking a haitus from school/work/adult responsibilities on a quest to find love with a costco pack of Extra Spearmint at the ready. Let’s just hope the first candidate you run into appreciates gum as much as you, and is ready to be your lifelong lover and partner. Easy, right? 

Frances is a third year currently studying Journalism and French at Cal Poly SLO. She hails from the Bay Area where you can usually find her in her local Philz, chugging a caffeinated drink. She is a firm proponent of boybands, rain, Shonda Rhimes shows and the occasional In N' Out run.