Erica Arnold, CrossFitter Extraordinaire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Year: 2nd

Major: English, but hoping to switch to psychology

Hometown: Stockton, CA

What are some of your hobbies?

I have played tennis since I was five and love it. I also do CrossFit, surf, sail and play the guitar.

How long have you played the guitar?

I’ve played the guitar for six years.  I love playing the songs Black Bird by the Beatles and Love Song by Tesla.

What type of music do you like?

I love all types of music. Music is a huge part of my life. I really like rock though, if I had to choose a favorite.

If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?

It would definitely be Kurt Cobain! He is just such a cool dude. I would ask him about music and what it meant to him and just about his life in general. He would be so interesting to talk to.

So we know you like to play tennis, but do you watch sports?

Of course! I am a huge baseball fan. I love the Giants and just baseball players in general!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

If I could travel anywhere I would go everywhere! Australia is number one on the list right now though. I would also really like to go to Ireland or Portugal because my family is from there, and Kenya and Brazil are high on the list too. I also think it would be really awesome to sail the Caribbean like my dad did.

Lastly, why did you choose Cal Poly?

I didn’t really know where I wanted to go to school, so I just applied everywhere and chose based off of where I was accepted. My stepdad also went to Cal Poly which also was a factor in my decision. Then the first time I visited SLO, I just knew I wanted to be here. Plus we are close to the beach which was an important deciding factor for me!

I am a journalism major here at the amazing Cal Poly. My goal is to get paid to travel. The ultimate dream job would be to work for National Geographic or a magazine similar to that. I caught the travel bug when I went to China my sophomore year of high school. Since then I have been to Costa Rica, Spain and France. I hope to add to my list this summer and then maybe study abroad with Cal Poly. I love everything that has to do with the outdoors. I enjoy hiking, swimming, biking and yoga. I love writing and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu