Campus Cutie: Jacob Corsaro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Meet Jacob. He’s hilarious, handsome, and pretty much the best thing around. 

Major/Minor

Communication Studies major with a Theatre minor

What are you involved with on campus?

I am in the school plays through the theatre department (currently in The Little Prince-shameless plug) as well as other shows with the club Students’ Stage, and I have been on Smile and Nod since last winter. I am also involved with the Newman Center.

Tell us more about what it’s like to be on Smile and Nod!

Being on Smile and Nod is so much fun! Everyone on the team is super supportive of one another and all strive to get better everyday. We meet every week for practices and shows which are always a blast. 

What is one thing that should be on everybody’s SLO bucket list?

Everyone who goes through SLO should absolutely pick up a few donuts from SLODOCO. It’s a simple thing, but it’s quintessential to the SLO experience. 

Somebody who you really want to see in concert right now?

Childish Gambino would be great or Usher; that’d be cool. Maybe even N’Sync if they are willing to reunite for one last concert featuring their greatest hits.

Favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

Parks and Rec. Hands down my favorite show.

Anna Kendrick or Jennifer Lawrence? 

Anna Kendrick is the celebrity love of my life. Pretty, funny, talented, and loves theatre. Anna, if you’re reading this, hmu.

What is your dream job? 

True story: when I was in first grade, we had to draw a picture of “What I want to be when I grow up” and I drew a man holding a baby, and said I wanted to be a daddy. That’s definitely top of the list. But in terms of a career that pays money, I would take a similar route as Andy Samberg: make it on SNL for a while then have a TV show and be in movies. That would be nice.

Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.