Lulu: You Know You Want to Try It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.
You may have wondered about it, whispered about it, giggled about it, but now, ladies, let’s talk about it! What in the world is this Lulu app and how exactly does it work?

We’ve all met that guy who we think is really cute but know absolutely nothing about. He seemed alright and ‘nice’, but none of your friends know him and you don’t really know what friend group he belongs to. All you know is that he thinks you are the best thing that has ever happened to that bar/party/classroom/etc. and you want to know more. With Lulu, you have mutual friends with every guy you come across. Lulu is an app that opens up communication between women around the globe. Through Lulu, women have your back and can help you decide whether you should date this guy or ditch him.

Alright, so how do you get started? First, download the app! Once you’ve downloaded it, the app will ask to connect to your Facebook. DON’T freak out! It stays completely private and will never appear on your Facebook. 
Now, it’s time to see what girls have to say about the hottie you just met! You’ll see pictures, comments and hash tags about your guy posted by other girls who know him. You are also able to share your opinions about the men you already know to help your fellow sisters out.  Answer some questions about the dude and add some “good” or “bad” hash tags. The app then comes up with a rating for the guy based on your feedback. 

I will admit, I was skeptical at first. However, after a couple minutes on Lulu, and more than a couple instances of “OH MY GOSH THAT IS SOOO TRUE!”, I’m a supporter! Still skeptical? Try it out and see what you think. 
Alex Puzzolo is a junior at Central Michigan University. She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations and minoring in Leadership. She is an active member in her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, by holding Executive Board positions. Alex is a Co-founder of the Central Michigan University chapter of Her Campus. She is from Mundelein, IL and loves to travel. She has been to multiple countries and just recently completed an internship in Ireland. An interesting fact about Alex is that she has worked in a jewelery store for the past two years and is certified member of the Gemology Institute of America.