This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Hometown: Myrtle Beach, SC

Major: Communication

Minor: Film Studies

What did you love the most about CofC when you first looked into it?

I of course loved the beauty of the campus, but I was just very excited about the prospect of playing Quidditch.

How long have you been on the team and what position do you play?

This is my third year on the team as a chaser, so my job is to score the goals, or help the other chasers score goals because I’m pretty much there for moral support. I try.

Other than Quidditch, what else are you a part of on campus?

I am the Executive of Entertainment for CisternYard video, a DJ/promotions team member for CisternYard radio, and I am in film club.

For CisternYard video you do a segment called Keeping Up with the Cougars. What sorts of stories do you like to cover?

I do! I have a cohost now named Sarah Hammond who is super cool. We cover music events or art stuff around campus or downtown that we think would be interesting. She just interviewed the guys from Blue Mountain State and we are still waiting to hear back from Aaron Carter’s people.

As a film studies minor and film club member, what would you say is your favorite movie of all time?

I really love the movie It’s a Wonderful Life. I always watch it with my dad on Christmas Eve. It is such a fantastic feel good movie. I cry every single time. That, or Blue Valentine or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

My best friend and I decided when we were in high school that we were going down the same career paths, so we might as well go together. So, in five years, I hope to see myself living with her in an apartment in New York City, being fabulous, and making our way up the ranks in the entertainment business. I will be working on entertainment news. Dream big, am I right?

When you aren’t busy with school and other clubs, what can you be found doing?

I just hang out with my friends or binge watch Netflix. I like to go to different shows whether it be theater or music to keep me cultured. 

A v-neck enthusiast from Greenville, South Carolina, Megan Dunn is a sophomore majoring in Communication and double minoring in Creative Writing and Film Studies. Having always been interested in media, she plans on one day being the female version of Ryan Seacrest. While she’s not writing or working on her campus radio show, Megan can be found binge watching Netflix or quoting Mean Girls.