This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As a freshman from West Columbia, SC, Brooke Sheppard has already decided on a major in business administration but she has a myriad of things she hopes to explore here at The College.  Check out Brooke’s feelings about her time so far at College of Charleston and why she decided to call the Holy City her new home!

What made you choose College of Charleston?

Well, I didn’t know that I would be interested in the College of Charleston until my junior year. Once I toured the College, I fell in love and I felt as if I belonged here. I have always loved the city and the atmosphere here. I’m glad that I’m here now because even though my hometown is an hour and a half away, I still never got to visit as much as I would like.

Do you plan on staying in the city after graduation?

Yes, I do! No matter how much the rent is! My roommates and I are actually looking at apartments, and even houses to rent in the area.

What are your interests and hobbies?

I’ve always loved concerts, but who doesn’t? I try to go to as many as I can, even if I don’t know who’s performing. I have a love for the outdoors as well! It doesn’t matter if I’m kayaking or just reading a book outside. There’s just nothing like fresh air! 

Are you involved at at all here at the College?

No, not as much as I would like to be. My mom rushed Phi Mu when she was in college, so I hope to pledge as a legacy next fall. I also am looking into joining Her Campus as well! Like I said earlier, I love the outdoors so I was thinking about doing something with the outdoors club as well. 

Photos courtesy of Brooke Sheppard.

Hi! I'm Sophie and I'm a student at the college of Charleston. I'm originally from James Island, SC but I recently moved back to Charleston from Ariton, AL. I love blink-182, golden retrievers, and pizza. I'm so excited to be a part of HerCampus and I can't wait to see what it has in store for me!