This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Katie Kajfez

Year: Senior

Major: Communication

Hometown: Chagrin Falls, Ohio

What are you involved in on campus?

I am the General Manager of CisternYard Video, the school’s student-run student broadcast organization. In addition, I am a member of Phi Mu, Phi Eta Sigma and the college’s Bully Pulpit Series.

What have been your goals as GM of CisternYard Video?

My goals this year have been to increase the quality and consistency of our work. I also have worked to build our brand name and have students on campus know what CisternYard Video is.

Having been involved with CYV since freshmen year, what have been some experiences you’ve valued the most?

Each year working at CisternYard Video has had so many different memories! Some highlights have included interviewing CofC athletes and coaches. Overall, it has been so cool seeing our group grow and our creativity and quality of work increase.

What advice would you give to incoming freshmen?

My advice to incoming freshmen would be to not be afraid to try different things. When I was a freshman I tried to find organizations that interested me and it worked in my favor because I found CisternYard and Phi Mu.

What piece of wisdom or advice do you try to live by?

I try to do things that make me happy. My parents always tell me that after I graduate I should find a job that I have fun with, so during my last semester that’s what I’ve been trying to focus on.

What will you miss the most about CofC once you graduate?

Next year I will definitely miss my friends that I have met throughout my time here. I also will miss some professors, because they have been so supportive and have helped me find internship opportunities and other experiences I did not think most college students could have.

All photos courtesy of Katie Kajfez. 

A v-neck enthusiast from Greenville, South Carolina, Megan Dunn is a sophomore majoring in Communication and double minoring in Creative Writing and Film Studies. Having always been interested in media, she plans on one day being the female version of Ryan Seacrest. While she’s not writing or working on her campus radio show, Megan can be found binge watching Netflix or quoting Mean Girls.
Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.