This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Major: Studio Art

Minors: Art History and Historic Preservation

What are you involved with on campus?“I’m involved CofC Dance Marathon (this is my 2nd year on the executive board), Phi Mu, and I’m on the Panhellenic Executive board. I’m also a member of ODK (a leadership fraternity on campus), Order of Omega (an organization that recognizes leaders and scholars specifically in the Greek community), and Rho Lambda (a Panhellenic leadership organization).”

What roles do you have in your organizations?“For my position as part of the Panehllenic Executive Board, a lot of what I do is social media. I do Facebook updates, Tweet, and Instagram. For CofCDM I tweaked the website a little, but for Panhellenic I’m in the process of designing a whole new website. I’m basically the one who communicates information from the executive board to the public. During my breaks from school I also help with the Social Media at Shane Co., a Colorado-based jewelry chain.”

What was the most rewarding part about being a part of Greek Life?“Joining Phi Mu gave me a home away from home. I never thought I would join a sorority but it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made in college. Without Phi Mu, I wouldn’t know my best friends and I wouldn’t be involved in CofCDM or Panhellenic. Joining Phi Mu gave me a chance to really discover how much I loved leadership positions (I was head of banner committee for a semester), and through Phi Mu I’ve gotten to go to multiple leadership conferences and really gotten a chance to become a better leader. These opportunities Phi Mu gave me, along with the confidence that Phi Mu gave me, lead me to Dance Marathon and Panhellenic, and I feel like I’m able to make positive changes in the community.”

Do you have any role models that you look up to?“My mom is one of my personal role models. I know that’s cheesy but it’s true. She’s worked hard to get where she is in life (the Head of Human Resources for Shane Co. and used to be the Head of Human Resources of Yankee Candle). She works in a field that was male-dominated, and she’s spoken at all sorts of events. She’s been working to get where she is since I was born, and her passion and work ethic has definitely shaped me into a stronger, hard-working woman.”

What do you see yourself doing in the future?“In 5 years, I hope to still be working at Shane Co., as a full time employee, not just an intern that works a lot. I want to be in grad school (or done with grad school) learning about marketing or business or graphic design. I hopefully will have a nice place in Colorado, close to my family. I will definitely have at least one cat, if not more. In 10 years, hopefully I’ll be married. I want to have an established career, whether it be at Shane Co. or as an artist or being a free-lance social media consultant. The endgame is to just be an artist and sell all my paintings, but until then I need a real life career to support that dream.  I need a real career so I can afford all of the pets I want.”

All photos shown are from Emily’s Facebook page.

A v-neck enthusiast from Greenville, South Carolina, Megan Dunn is a sophomore majoring in Communication and double minoring in Creative Writing and Film Studies. Having always been interested in media, she plans on one day being the female version of Ryan Seacrest. While she’s not writing or working on her campus radio show, Megan can be found binge watching Netflix or quoting Mean Girls.