This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

In just a few short weeks, the graduating senior class of College of Charleston will be walking across the stage over the Cistern and receiving their diplomas, ready for the next stage of their lives. Among them will be Elizabeth Berry, a 22 year old from Virginia who has been an active academic, athlete, and Greek life member throughout her four years. I asked Elizabeth some questions about her favorite aspects of Charleston, what she plans to do in the future, and more.

Age: 22

Hometown: Richmond, VA

Major: Historic Preservation and Community Planning

What are you involved with at College of Charleston?

– Swim team, Delta Gamma, Historic Preservation Club, Real Estate Club

What’s your favorite thing about Charleston?

– The brunch options.

What is the craziest memory you have from your four years here?

– No comment…

What’s your favorite restaurant in Charleston?

–  When my parents are in town, Hall’s. Otherwise, you can find me at Boone’s.

What song have you been listening to the most recently?

–  It’s a tie between Empire by Shakira and Beyonce’s XO. Gotta love those pop hits.

Tell us a little bit about your swimming career.

– Where to begin…I actually ended up not swimming my sophomore year. Thought I was done and wanted to be more involved with my sorority, but turns out it’s more difficult to quit than you think. I hated the feeling of leaving something unfinished. Thankfully, I have the best teammates and coaches who welcomed me back with open arms, and we have accomplished so much over the years. I’m so proud of my team and we had a great CAA debut this season!

Do you want to continue with swimming after graduation?

– I’ll probably do Masters club swimming in the future, but for now I’m enjoying the break. It’s fun taking lots of naps doing different workouts.

Name ONE thing you haven’t done yet that you want to do before you graduate next month?

–  I would love to go sailing!

Any advice for incoming freshmen?

– Be part of a lot of different organizations. I’ve found that’s the best way to get the most out of your college years. 

Lindsey is currently a senior at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, originally from New England and New Jersey. She is a Marketing major with a minor in Communications. Her dream is to somehow work within the entertainment/fashion industry, whether it's writing, advertising, PR, supervising, etc. Other than acting as president of HerCampus CofC, she is also a campus tour guide, a VP on Panhellenic Council, a member of Delta Gamma, and a founding member of Committed to Charleston, among other things. She loves keeping busy and couldn't imagine it any other way.
Originally from West Virginia, Tori Williams is a senior at the College of Charleston in South Carolina majoring in Communication, and minoring in International Studies and Dance. Tori is currently the editor-in-chief and a featured writer for the Her Campus CofC chapter, as well as an editorial intern with Charleston Magazine. She also dances with Dance FX Charleston's performance company and through the College of Charleston. When she's not busy, Tori loves to read, run, and do hot yoga. She hopes to someday be an editor and writer for a big time magazine.