This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie, Chandler Bolt, has more in his vocabulary than tall, dark and handsome. As he strides into the Starbucks on King, his confidence radiates throughout the small coffee house. It could be his killer smile, his bright blue eyes, or his effortless style that commands attention, but whatever it is, he’s got it. It is a Sunday afternoon and Chandler is wearing a dark wash pair of jeans and loose t-shirt. He is the definition of cool, calm and collected as he sits down on the black leather couch. Chandler, a sophomore at the college, is a Business Administration major with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. He is from Walhalla, South Carolina, and grew up with one brother and two extremely supportive parents. He is a Regional Manager for Young Entrepreneurs Across America, as well as involved in Young Life on campus and Club Tennis. Between launching his first book, jumpstarting his own business, and planning for his study abroad trip to Austria, HerCampus was thrilled that he had time to sit down and talk about life, love, and of course, girls!  

If you could describe your time here at CofC in one word, what would it be?

“Thrilling. Living with random people, doing awesome stuff. This is what I wanted. It’s an awesome ride. I have been learning so many random things and it’s really helped me grow.”

So, you’re single. Would you say you are looking for that one special girl?

“I mean, I’m not on the prowl or anything! Love isn’t something I spend a lot of time on. But if it happened, yeah, I would be excited about it.”

What motivates you? What drives you to want to be so successful? 

“I have a passion for what I do. A passion for business. I don’t want to have to worry about money. I want do exciting stuff. Bungee Jumping, hang gliding, parasailing. Crazy stuff. I want to travel and see everything. The Seven Wonders of the World. I wanna live. Really live, you know?”

With all of these ambitions, do you see yourself alone in the future?

“No, not alone. I don’t see myself alone in 10 years. Yeah, I wanna travel, but I would fly to where she was, or fly her to me. No problem.” 

When you go home, what is the one thing you ask your mom to cook?

“I mean, I like everything! I guess I would ask her to make corn and beans. We have a fresh garden at home and I love all of our vegetables.” 

Describe your perfect girl. What is she like?

“She has to dress well, take pride in the way she looks. Great smile, independent, and just fun. She has to be willing to travel. That’s important.”

You mentioned the book you and your brother wrote about life lessons your parents taught you. What would you say is the most important lesson you learned? 

“Just being different and being confident [about that]. Not being influenced by others. Going after what you want and being self disciplined.”

Last question. What have you learned most about girls through your past relationships? 

“Just to go out of my way for her more. Do things for her. Investing in her, treating her nice. Letting her know that she is cared for and important.”

She had a cocktail in her hand and confetti in her hair.
Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.