6 Ways to Not Be Frazzled at The End of The Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Keep these 6 suggestions in mind as the end of the semester approaches!

1.  Plan AheadIt may seem mediocre and miniscule, but it helps.  Plan your days.  Schedule when to do your work and when to take breaks.  If you’re freaking out about a project or paper, plan to meet with professors or plan your schedule specifically around finishing a major assignment.

2.  Treat your self for your effortsIf you finish a major assignment or manage to get through the dry reading your professor assigned, treat yourself!  Eat some candy, grab some Chipotle, or gorge on Netflix for an hour.  You deserve it after all the work you’ve done this semester.  Plus, rewards make doing work a little more bearable.

3.  Break down if you need toAs the semester winds down, don’t be afraid to cry.  Don’t be afraid to have the stress get to you.  It’s going to.  But a good cry session every once in a while does wonders. 

4.  Wind down at the end of the nightWhether it is sitting down with a cup of tea, reading a book, or listening to some calm music alone in your room, wind down after all the work you’ve done.  Turn off all electronics or at least stow them away and just relax away from the world that’s stressing you out.  Breathe in and out until your worries wash away and you drift to sleep.

5.  Get sleepWith all the work you have, sleep seems like something hard to come by.  But don’t sacrifice sleep!  You need it to do your best.

6.  BreatheWhen you feel like everything is crashing down on you at once and all hope is lost, just breathe.  Ten deep breaths.  Lower your heart rate and relax.  Everything will be okay.  The end is near.  You’re in the home stretch and summer is just around the corner.

Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.