sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things Every College Kid Is Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As we all know, Thanksgiving is just around the corner. For college students, that means a plethora of food will soon be right in our face to vacuum up: our mother’s delicious mashed potatoes that have an extra umph from her secret recipe, our granny’s traditional pecan pie, and that crispy turkey that we all wait hours for to be cooked on Thanksgiving day. My mouth is already watering from these scrumptious thoughts. But, what is more important than food? What all college gals and guys are thankful for!

1) The “I am a full time student” excuse when your family asks you at Thanksgiving why you didn’t have a job all semester.

2) The “I’m so slick” faternity boys who buy you drinks thinking they just may have the possibility of walking you home after a night out with the gals. 

3) That LONG Thanksgiving break your school has given you (and by LONG I mean “accidently” booking that plane ticket home for an extra two days, in addition to the four days your school has already given you off). Oops!

4) At one point, Ramen noodles. I mean, don’t lie to yourself, we all loved Ramen during at least one point in our college careers. 

5) And of course, our friends and family who we all long to see after a semester of hard work, late night study food binges, and an empty bank account which can hardly pay for the slice of pizza you bought at midnight. 

Happy Thanksgiving y’all!