New Member Profile: Grace Grzybek!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Butler’s Her Campus chapter has recently added some new members! Grace Grzybek is one of said members! Grace is a Sophomore student currently pursuing her PharmD and MBA. Her Zodiac sign is Libra, and she is one of our social media managers!

Her Campus (HC): A quick glance at your Instagram indicates two things: you like swimming and taking pictures with cars. Can you tell us a little bit about your interest in both?

Grace Grzybek (GG): Cars give me a way to inspire other women to follow their heart, passion, and dreams even in a male dominated field. I’ve been surrounded by cars my entire life. My grandfather owns/manages a car dealership we’ve had in my family since his father before him and my father buys and sells cars after refurbishing them. Having that knowledge and background helped me get into the scene after I bought my first manual car. My love for cars is somewhat indescribable, but it definitely stems from speed, which can only be understood once you’ve been behind the wheel of a beast. I’m also extremely competitive and constantly strive for progress, which is one of the reasons I love the sport of swimming. I’d argue that swimming is the most challenging sport because of the levels of mental and physical toughness that it requires, which is another reason why I take a lot of pride in the 8 years I’ve committed to the sport.

HC: What else do you like to do in your free time?

GG: I’m a commissioned based artist and I do paintings for clients, although I had more time throughout high school for it. I use a lot of different mediums but my favorites are watercolor and Micron pens.

HC: What is your favorite spot on and off campus? Why?

GG: My favorite spots are anywhere that feels like home. This is going to sound very introverted, but an example would be my room. It’s a place that feels like an extension of my personality where I’m safe and I’m free to be myself.

HC: If you could have one artist create a soundtrack for your life, which artist would you choose?

GG: Taylor Swift, she’s always known how to put her life events and feelings into her music and how to relate with her audience.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

GG: WHEN PEOPLE CHEW WITH THEIR MOUTH OPEN. I’m that person who gets livid the second anyone pulls out a piece of gum before an exam.

HC: Favorite board game?

GG: I don’t play board games.

HC: Dogs vs. cats.

GG: Dogs 100%, my parents own a dog daycare/boarding facility back home and I work there as often as I can on breaks.

HC: Milkshakes vs. smoothies.

GG: Smoothies, I consider myself a foodie and when I’m home, I start my day out with a smoothie bowl.

HC: Books vs. movies.

GG: Movies, growing up I wasn’t really into reading because I was (and still am) a very slow reader. Whenever I have time to watch a movie I feel like I’ve always gained something out of it, and it’s always improved me in some way.

HC: Parties vs. kickbacks.

GG: If I had to pick one or the other, I’d say kickbacks because I couldn’t imagine getting sick of them. I prefer more intimate settings and spending time with people I love.

HC: Mac vs. PC

GG: I’ve only ever owned PCs so I guess that one. I feel like Apple products are always a bit overrated.

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.