Naomi Feliz ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Name: Naomi Feliz

Class Status: Senior

Graduation Year: May 2015

Age: 22

Major: Business Administration with a concentration in International Business

Quote to live by: “Through every dark night there is a brighter day”

If you could have any superpower what would it be? Since I love to travel my super power would be to have the power to fly so that I can visit any city I want whenever I want.

HC Buff State: Who  is you biggest inspiration?

Naomi: My family is my biggest inspiration. I’ve seen all the struggles they have been through to get to where they are today and I want to be the person who stops all their struggles however I can. Their struggles motivate me to do my best no matter where I am at or what I am doing.

HC Buff State: What are some things you’ve done or organizations you’ve been a part of and what have you learned from them?

Naomi: I have been on multiple committees throughout campus, been on the Adelante Estudiantes Latinos E-board for three years, I have been the treasurer for my sorority Sigma Lambda Upsilon for the past two academic years, and I have been the Student Supervisor at the Information Desk on campus for the past three years. While being a part of all of these organizations I have learned that there is a lot more to college than just classes and parties. There is a great deal of responsibility that I have learned from these positions and I wouldn’t change any experience I have gained from them.

HC Buff State: Why did you come to buff state?

Naomi: I came to Buff State in order start fresh and get a real college experience. Although I am far from home I don’t regret my decision.

HC Buff State: What have been some of your best and worst experiences while attending buff state?

Naomi: The worst experience I have ever had in Buff State is coming to college with a very close friend and being ditched all the time because he had made other friends since he was here a month prior to me. My best experience was becoming a part of my sorority. I have met many new people and have created an amazing bond with a wonderful group of women.

HC Buff State: How would you describe your experience here at buff state?

Naomi: Although it started a little rocky my experience here at Buff State has been a great one and I honestly wouldn’t change any of it.

HC Buff State: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

Naomi: I hope to start my career in banking and then working my way up from there.

HC Buff State: What is your biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at buff state?

Naomi: My Degree is my biggest motivation to staying in Buffalo State as well as the impact I know I have made in others lives.

HC Buff State: What advice do you have for females here at buff state?

Naomi: My advice for females who go to Buff State is simply to look out for each other. You never know how much of an impact you can have on someones life even if it’s something simple.

All of us here at Her Campus Buff State wish Naomi all the best of luck on all her future endevours!!
 Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.