Meet HC Member Katie Lipczynski!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Meet one of our lovely members, Katie! 

The Basic Facts

Name: Katie Lipczynski
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Cheektowaga
Major/Minor: English 

The Favorites 
Favorite film: Catch Me If You Can 
Favorite book/novel: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott. Fitzgerald
Favorite food: Boneless chicken wings
Favorite song at the moment: “Take A Walk” by Passion Pit
Favorite color: Red 
Favorite TV Show: Friends 
Favorite thing about being in college: Getting to explore subject matter I absolutely love!
Favorite place to visit in Buffalo: Canalside

The Interesting Facts 
Fun fact about yourself: I’m a hopeless Skyrim addict.
If you could switch places with anybody for a week, who would it be and why: Margot Robbie – I just love her, and I would love to be an actress, if I wasn’t so shy.
Celebrity Crush: Leonardo DiCaprio
Guilty Pleasure: Gossip Girls 
If you were stuck on a desert island for a week and could only have three things with you, what would they be? My laptop, a copy of Gatsby, and a package of chocolate.
Describe yourself in three words: Passionate, thoughtful, and loyal.
Relationship Status: Single
What do you look for in a significant other?: I look for a gentleman, I’m old-fashioned. I look for a guy with charisma and a great sense of humor. 

Holiday Question!
If you had to watch one holiday film everyday until December 25th, what would it be: Elf
What is your favorite part about the holidays: Listening to Sinatra on the radio.
What has been the best present you’ve gotten so far: Gold earrings from my mom.
Favorite holiday-themed dessert: Christmas cookies.
Do you and your family have traditions during this time of year? If so, what are they: My family does popcorn and cranberry night every year! We all get together and string our own garlands with popcorn and cranberries – it’s so much fun, we drink eggnog and watch movies, and have a little party. It’s great.
If you could live out the plot of a holiday film, what would it be: I would definitely want to live out It’s A Wonderful Life – I’d love to see my effect on the world so far, and I think it would be so interesting to see how much one person can change the lives of those around them.

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.