HC SUNY Buffalo State Staff Appreciation: Sabrina “Sabby to the Rescue” Santos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Sabrina’s quote to live by: “Fortune favors the Brave.”

We here at Her Campus SUNY Buffalo State appreciate all of our members on our staff. One in particular that stands out this week is our own Sabrina Santos who writes our “Sabby to the Rescue” advice blog.  Her spunky persona and her tongue in cheek, straightforward advice makes her stand out as this week’s campus celebrity.

Sabrina is well known around campus as the very upbeat girl with equally upbeat hair (blue, pink, green) we don’t even think there is a color she has never tried! Her voice is well known around campus too seeing that Sabrina has her own radio show for WBNY on Saturdays from midnight to 2 AM. Her artistic side is very evident. Sabrina is also a writer for Buffalo State College’s first art magazine “The Lens,” which was created last year.

Sabrina is involved in multiple clubs on campus like Pride Alliance, our campus’ LGBT organization as well as NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers) and the academic society Chi Alpha Epsilon. On her spare time Sabrina loves to volunteer making the effort to help in the community around Buffalo State College. Sabrina stated “It feels good to help your community. It gives you that happy feeling inside that stays with you forever”

Sabrina’s wild sense of fashion that you would see in any popular women’s magazine is always present at all costs. She has a passion for fashion and she doesn’t hide it from anyone. Sabrina volunteered for Buffalo State College’s annual fashion show called “Runway” which would put any Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show to shame! At “Runway 4.0,” (which was held last year) Sabrina helped in every way possible by setting up for the event, assisting models, makeup artists and selling raffle tickets among multiple tasks. Sabrina stated “Being backstage at a Fashion show was beyond hectic but so much fun! I met a lot of amazing people plus I got to see the show with the best seat in the house for FREE! What else is better than that!? Runway 5.0 here I come!”

With Sabrina, there are so many words to describe her. Ambitious, Fashionable, Quirky, the list goes on. We know at HC SUNY Buffalo State that “Sabby” helps us make it what it is and we are proud to call her our sister Collegiette!

Kimberly Drummond is a senior Public Communication major at SUNY Buffalo State College. Being from Brooklyn, NY she always had a love for city lights. She enjoys writing, reading, photography, and the occasional curling up to a glossy fashion magazine now and then.