Having a Crush , as Told By That’s So Raven

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

It starts with attraction. You just think they’re cute with a nice personality and that’s all. Pretty harmless. But then, it takes a turn once they start crossing your mind all the time and causing butterflies in your stomach. You don’t want to admit it to youself but deep down, you know. Yep, we’re talking about having a crush. It will leave you feeling extremly happy and confused at the same time. Lucklily, That’s So Raven understands what you’re going through. Here is having a crush through the eyes of that beloved character, Raven. 

1. Taking the seat closest to them in class without looking obvious 

2. Trying to get their attention when you see them walking across campus

3. Finding a common interest so you’ll have something to talk about once you get up the courage to approach them  

4. Finding out if they’re single is the biggest mission of your life  

5. Which leads to you intensely stalking their social media accounts for information, hoping they are.  

6. You come across photos of them being affectionate with someone, which gives you a scare.  

7. But, then you see it’s from 2010 which leads you to believe they are single. 

8. Looking on point every day just in case you run into them

9. Your friend who knows them talks about you every chance they get.

10. Which leads to your crush acknowledging you every time they see you 

11. But then, you start over-anaylizing everything they do, from how they say your name to the direction their foot was pointing while they were talking to you. It leaves you in a state of confusion. 

12. You despise them now for making your emotions go all over the place 

13. But as soon as they flash that smile or make you laugh, the hate goes out the window and you’re back to swooning.

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.