The 8 Best Things About the Holiday Season

The holiday season is the best time of the year, hands down (okay, maybe it's tied with summer). It's a time filled with family and happiness. It's a time filled with giving and appreciation. All in all, it's just a wonderful time of the year. Here are the best things about the holiday season!

1. Getting a break from school

Image result for time off gifOnce finals are over, you have this wonderful break from school. You get to lounge around, relax, and have fun! It's definitely one of the best things about this season. 

2. Being with family and friends It's a great feeling to be around your family and friends during the holidays, even though they can sometimes annoy you the rest of the year. You get to see people you don't see regularly and catch up with old friends! 

3. Freeform's 25 Days of Christmas 

25 days of watching your favorite Christmas films is what makes this season great.

4. Being able to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them 

Image result for gift gif tumblr

There is nothing better than seeing your friend's or family's face light up when they open your gift. It such a great feeling giving to those you love. 

5. The food

The holiday season is a time where good food is always eaten. And, if you're like me, you don't about anything but filling your mouth with delicious food. 

6. The decorations

Going around at night and seeing peoples' houses decorated with beautiful lights and decorations.

7. Giving to those in needImage result for giving back gif

This is the best time to give to those in need, and you can get the whole family involved since you'll be together. Then, you should try to keep it up all year. 

8. The music Image result for all i want for christmas for you gif

There's nothing like getting able to listen to Christmas music all the time. It's like good food for your ears. 

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login