This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Girls are blessed with having a huge selection of different styles of underwear, while boys are pretty much only offered boxers or briefs, girls get to choose from countless styles and cuts based on what suits her needs. I personally own close to 50 pairs of underwear because I love Victoria’s Secret and hate laundry, and thus consider myself a slight expert on the matter of what your underwear says about you.

1. Bikini briefs

The classic, if you’re wearing bikini briefs chances are you are someone who thinks ahead about the type of day you’re gonna have. You are consistent, you know what works for you and you don’t need to change it. You’re also probably wearing real pants.

2. Normal thong

You’re probably a little basic, thongs and leggings go together like fall and PSLs, so you’re likely rocking some lulus. You will fight someone on whether or not leggings are pants (um they totally are) and defend your outfit choices to anyone.

3. Boyshorts

You have a butt that would put Blake Lively to shame. Boyshorts either look fantastic or literally terrible there is no in between so chances are you are someone who does her squats and takes the stairs. These are also prime for wearing under a skirt because they provide full coverage.

4. High-waisted briefs

Also known as “Granny Panties.” You aren’t here to look hot you’re here to be comfortable. There’s no shame in knowing what you want. Or you’re on your period and don’t want to risk staining anything cute

5.  Lacy underwear

You might have put these on this morning, but you do not intend to be the person to take them off. Lace is meant to be seen and you know that.

6. Matching set

If by some act of the Lord (or you getting ready), your underwear matches your bra do not waste it. Take it as a sign to go out and live life to the fullest.  Only good things can happen on days when your bra matches your underwear.

7. G-string

You’re wearing something skintight but aren’t fully comfortable enough to go commando, you probably take just enough chances to live outside your comfort zone but aren’t willing to go totally off the deep end.

8. No underwear

You’re spontaneous, but probably don’t think ahead (like doing laundry before running out). You live life to the fullest and don’t let anything like the chance of accidentally showing someone your bare butt stop you from going about your day.

Like I said, we ladies have a lot of choices when it comes to what we wear, and the most important thing is that we are comfortable in our choices.

Sophie is a junior at Boston University studying Psychology and Education. When she isn't memorizing parts of the brain or writing papers on the philosophies of teaching, she likes to dance, shop, and obsess over her pet rabbit.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.