What Your Sunglasses Style Says About You!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Since the weather has finally started being consistently nice, everyone has been quick to whip out their favorite pair of sunglasses on their walk to class or when lounging outside. A good pair of sunglasses can serve both a stylistic and functional purpose; they’re a cool accessory to any outfit, and shield your eyes and face from harmful UV rays so you can stay comfortable and protected even on the hottest, sunniest days of the year. Personally, I think that the sunglasses you choose can also reveal a lot about who you are as a person; keep reading to find out what your sunglasses style reveals about you.

1.) Aviators

Aviators are a classic, and so are you! If you’re a fan of these iconic glasses, you’re probably pretty chill and relaxed. You are a great conversationalist, and people are drawn to your genuine and carefree nature. You’re always true to yourself, and people sense that authenticity and are drawn to you. You have a few close friendships and relationships that you cherish deeply, and you’re always able to make deep, meaningful connections with people.

2.) Round Glasses

If you exclusively wear round circle shades, chances are you’re a bit quirky. You dance to the beat of your own drum and love to stand out in a crowd. Your unique sense of style really sets you apart from others, and you have a caring, sensitive nature that really draws people in.  You’re probably pretty creative—whether that’s painting, drawing, singing, or something else—and have a deep love of nature and animals.

3.) Wayfarers

Wayfarers are for the boldest and most confident people. You’re not afraid to speak your mind and stand up for what you believe in chance. If you wear glasses like these, you probably love being the center of attention. But you’re not a narcissist; you care deeply about the people in your life and are loyal to a fault. Once you befriend someone, you’re there until the end. In general, people love you because you’re funny, love adventure, and have a bit of a wild side!

4.) Clout Goggles

Clout Goggles are the go-to frames for only the trendiest of people, so if you wear these, your probably up to date on all the hottest fashion trends and celebrity gossip. Also, you definitely have an amazing Instagram, because of course, you know all the coolest spots to take amazing pictures. People love that you’re adventurous and always willing to try new things–you draw people out of their comfort zones, and they love you for it!

5.) Cat-Eye

Cat Eye specs are a unique glasses style for a unique type of person. Cat eye wearers love everything vintage: vintage music, vintage fashion, vintage hairstyles, you name it. You love the old school glamour and class of the past, and try to incorporate that same sense chic into your life today. Furthermore, you have an incredibly raunchy sense of humor, and an infectious laugh. Once you start laughing, it can be hard to get you to stop!

6.) Heart-Shaped

If you’re wearing heart-shaped glasses, chances are you’re a dreamer. You’re always off in your own world with your head in the clouds. Not only are you a dreamer, but you’re also a hopeless romantic; you love to love, and people love to love you back. You always make time for the people you care about, no matter how busy or stressed you are and are always willing to lend an ear or a shoulder to cry on. People adore you for it!

7.) Sport Glasses

You don’t have to be an athlete to rock these frames! If you’re wearing these, your most likely a confident, active person who is always on the go. You love to be the best of the best, and your competitive and ambitious spirit always helps push you forward to new heights! When you set your mind to something, it’s guaranteed to get done, and well.

8.) Browline Sunglasses

These sunglasses have sturdy frames that are perfect for people who love the simple things in life.

You just needed to be surrounded by people you love to feel happy! No fancy cars, no expensive jewelry, no designer clothes for you. You simply enjoy your surroundings and the company of others. You can always make the best of any situation and are able to keep your head in stressful situations. Your level-headedness and soothing aura mean that your friends always turn to you for advice, and you’re always willing to give it!

9.) Oversized Frames

If you’re a fan of these oversized glasses, chances are you have a flair for the dramatic! You love to be a little unpredictable and a little mysterious, and always keep people on their toes. You live for the finer things in life, and love anything and everything luxurious. However, you know how to laugh at yourself. You don’t take things too seriously, and are really just looking to have some fun!

Did I get it right? Probably not, but I did my best. Either way, no matter what shades you choose to rock, the fact that sunglasses are even a point of discussion means that nice weather is here to stay, and summer is around the corner. Make sure to protect not only your eyes, but the rest of your body as well; that means investing in a good SPF, wear a hat, and drink lots of water. You’ll thank me later when you’re not already getting wrinkles at age 25! Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts, and don’t let summer pass you by. Make the most of it! Wear those sunglasses, and have fun!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.