Top 3 Holiday Romance Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

What’s better than winter break? Spending it in bed binge watching Christmas movies with hot cocoa. At least that’s my personal opinion. There are an endless amount of classic Christmas movies, but often people do not notice the sub-genre of Christmas romance movies. Believe me, these are 3 movies that you do not want to overlook.  

1. Holidaze

Holidaze is a movie about a work-obsessed woman named Melody who returns to her hometown for the holidays and unexpectedly runs into her old ex-fiance. When she hits her head on a loose floorboard, she is stuck seeing life the way it would have been if she had chosen to get married rather than accept her corporate job position.  

2. Elf

Who doesn’t love Buddy the elf with Jovie? Elf is a comedic movie, but the romance within it is both quirky and undeniable. There is something timeless about Elf that makes it all the more enjoyable to watch. So why not watch it for the 50th time? It truly never gets old. 

3. Love Actually 

To be completely honest, Love Actually is not one of my favorite holiday movies. However, it never fails as a romantic movie. If you are into a cheesy romantic movie that will drive your boyfriend insane, Love Actually is the movie for you.  

Overall, there are likely many more romantic Christmas movies to choose from. If these do not suit your fancy, check out Netflix, Hulu, or anything really to find a movie that suits your personal preference. Keep calm and Christmas on!

Amelia Leone is the editor of MilennialGal, a Happy and Healthy Living Blog and Social Media Platform. She has collaborated with brands including Microsoft, Clarisonic, T.J. Maxx, The Holiday Inn, and more. Amelia is an active member of the InfluenceHer Collective. 
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis