Taylor Walker COM ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Taylor Walker a freshman in the College of Communication, studying broadcast journalism, is one busy student here at Boston University.  A member of butv 10’s The Wire, the Vice President of the Residence Housing Association in Warren Towers, and a COM Ambassador, Taylor has a very demanding schedule.  Despite all of her involvement around campus, Taylor has recently gotten involved in yet another student group on campus…BeUnleashed, the Student Union campaign organization.

Her Campus: So, how did you first get involved with the Be Unleashed campaign?

Taylor: Dexter McCoy, the candidate for president, asked to meet with me privately a few months ago. Now, at that time I had no idea about Student Union elections and had only really known Dexter through interviewing him for a few of my news stories. Well, it turns out that the roles reversed, he starts asking me tons of questions about my life and emotions on the BU community and then I got a feeling that maybe this isn’t just a conversation. He offered me the position of being BeUnleashed communication head.

Her Campus: Wow, so what does tasks are you involved in as communication head? 

Taylor: I sort of assembled, monitored, and put together a really awesome advertising and public relations team, someone to make the video, create the flyers and business cards, and create/ work the social media pages on Facebook and twitter.

Her Campus: Sound like a lot of work! How can other students at BU get involved?

Taylor: BeUnleashed thirsts for the student voice and student perspective, if someone wants to get involved/ support the campaign sharing his or her emotions on Student Union and the BU Climate would be a great start. The candidates are awesome individuals, and they yearn for strengthening this terrier nation.

For more information on the BeUnleashed campaign check out this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltFnl64WBY4&feature=share

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.