This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the temperatures finally reaches into the 40s and 50s leaving collegiettes across campus feeling like it’s summer (kind of), it is time to start unleashing the floral prints, sporting your trendiest flats, and most importantly, swapping the dark and depressing colors we are forced to wear on our nails with some of the newest and brightest hues nail salons have to offer.  Not only is it time for spring but also for nail polish companies like OPI and Essie to start introducing us to their new spring collections.  Here are some of the newest and hottest colors that just scream SPRING!

Let’s start with OPI.  Known for their bold hues and extremely creative names, the brand has just unveiled their newest collection of colors all inspired by Hawaii.  Incorporating shades from pinks, to blues, purples, and even greens, this line has a color for everyone.  Here are some of my favorites!

1.     That’s Hula-rious

2.     Is Mai Tai Crooked?

3.     Aloha from OPI

4.     Suzi Shops & Island Hops

5.     Hello Hawaii Ya?

Essie also has a new spring line out that is bound to grab the attention of any flowerista!  Sticking more to the blue, purple, and nude shades, there may be less to choose from but these bold colors will definitely get you in the spring mood.  Below is a sneak peak of all the colors they have to offer!

From left to right: Flowerista, Perennial Chic, Picked Perfect, Garden Variety, Blossom Dandy, Petal Pushers

So the next time you are on Newbury Street and have time for a quick mani-pedi, look out for these new colors and you’ll be already to spring into spring!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.