The New Boston Nightlife App That’s Blowing Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

“You’re a student, tired of going out to the same sauna-like basements on Pratt street and looking to truly enjoy a night out with friends, or a date? LynkedOut is exactly for you.” These words came straight from Alex Schwartzman, a software engineer, board member of LynkedOut, and a student here at Boston University. He is currently double majoring in computer science and math and, in his downtime, he goes out with friends and works hard to make LynkedOut what it is. What is LynkedOut?  

LynkedOut is a new application (soon to be website as well) that is dedicated to keeping you updated with the nightlife in the Boston area. It will keep you posted from the top college and young-adult bars to bowling and pool lounges to the most beautiful restaurants and more. In addition, it keeps you updated (and even allows you to buy tickets!) on all upcoming events such as the Boston Calling featuring Chance the Rapper, Major Lazor, Mumford and Sons, etc and the Summer Country Crawl. At the same time you have the ability to message your friends and see what they’re up to – all in one place!    

When asked how the public is responding to the app Alex responded, “The public is responding in a more positive way than I could ever imagine. People seem to be very interested in the unique services LynkedOut provides: this is evident by the exponential user base growth that has been going on lately. People tell their friends about this app, who then tell their friends and so on. People are using it and having a great time thanks to it, and that makes me glad I’m a part of LynkedOut. A few weeks ago I was sitting in the GSU, just having lunch, and I overheard a person I don’t know telling his friend about how cool LynkedOut is. That moment was special to me: it made me realize there is something big in it, and mostly everyone seems to think so too.” 

From the GSU to West and East Campus, LynkedOut has grown substantially in popularity. Kids are raving about this new app that allows, “the best, most versatile platform to plan a night out.” The brains behind this useful resource comprises of a group of (currently) three people: Michael Rabinovich, the CEO, Boris Rabinovich, the CFO and our friend, Alex Schwartzman. Additionally, there is a group of people who aid the marketing, social, and financial aspect of the app. All together, they’ve fabricated an application that is unique to its competitors and amping in followers.  

But why should you, as a college student, download this application? Well, “LynkedOut provides only events in quality, pre-examined venues, and is the most useful resource you can have when planning a night out. Instead of having to alternate between talking to your friends, finding a place to go to that everyone likes, and figuring out the Uber, LynkedOut provides all that for you, with an option to order an Uber directly from the app as well! LynkedOut is free and the best service one could wish for when it comes to nightlife.” LynkedOut literally allows you to “lynk” out of all your social medias and responsibilities (like calling Ubers and looking for events) and just have fun! So what are you waiting for? Lynk out and go out! We aren’t young forever…  

ielwaw@bu.edu
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.