Michelle Jay, Photography Editor of the Daily Free Press

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

You may have seen this week’s campus celebrity squatting behind a camera lens at a hockey game or running across campus to get photos on a breaking news story. Michelle Jay (COM ‘14), photography editor of the Daily Free Press, is genuine, hardworking and overall – talented.

Michelle is a photojournalism major here at BU, and aspires to work for a daily metro capturing news and events around the city. She also wouldn’t mind working for Sports Illustrated, she adds. A native of Chicago, she has a love for cities and travel.

Michelle began fooling around with photography during high school. She took every class offered at her school as well as an independent study and an AP class in studio art. When she became president of photo club, she decided her senior year that she would pursue it as a career. She began her studies at the Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University, pursuing a Bachelors of Arts in photography. After learning a substantial amount of skills in the field and studying abroad in Italy for a semester, Michelle decided to switch gears and channel her skills into a photojournalism major here at BU. 

Once here, she didn’t waste any time. She began working as a staff photographer at the Daily Free Press and while also working at an internship, part time job, and maintaining a full course load. This campus celeb is not afraid of a little hard work, and certainly values the wonders of caffeinated beverages.

We are definitely going to see great things coming from this campus celeb. Check out some of her work on her website, or pick up a copy of the Daily Free Press!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.