Josh Stadtner

Posted -

Hometown: San Anselmo, CA

Year: 2014

Major: Film and Television

Relationship Status: Single

Sign: Libra

HC: So since you’re a film major, we have to ask: what’s your favorite movie?

JS: You see, that’s a tough question. Since I’ve started really studying film I feel like it’s impossible to pick a favorite because it’s so difficult to compare different genres, so I guess I can’t say I have one.

HC: Fair enough, fair enough. How about directors, anyone in particular inspire you in the film industry?

JS: I'd say Stanley Kubrick, he’s definitely my favorite director.

HC: What movie that’s coming out this year are you most looking forward to?

JS: Definitely Django Unchained, I love Quentin Tarantino. I read the script and it's awesome.

HC: We’ll have to check it out. Now, we’ve heard you were in a small movie a couple years ago, something called The Prankster ...

JS: Ahh, yes, yes I was. I played “Pizza Face.” I mean honestly it was a pretty great experience. I got to meet some great people, actors and other professionals in the industry. I always had a life goal to be in a movie and I worked hard and I accomplished it, I think that’s what I liked most about the whole thing.

HC: That’s awesome! So since you’ve had your big acting debut, what do you like best: being in front of the camera or behind the scenes?

JS: These days, I’d much rather be behind the scenes. Acting is fun but that was really a one-time, bucket list kind of thing. I enjoy acting as a hobby, and I guess I’d do it again, but my real passion is behind the scenes in the industry. 

HC: What do you think you’re most looking forward to this semester?

JS: Honestly, even though I'm a die-hard San Francisco Giants fan, I'm really looking forward to the first Sox game. 

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author