tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Inexpensive Gifts to Give Your Friends On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Lets face it; Valentines Day is a hit or miss for everyone. You’re either one of the lucky few in a relationship, or one of the many dwelling over the single life. For the single ladies among us we understand when the thought of candy and chocolate can put you in a slump. So, who says you have to have a special someone to partake in this adorable holiday? I propose that everyone spread holiday cheer by showing some love to your closest friends and roommates. Here are just a few simple and inexpensive gift ideas to give your friends on Valentines Day!

1.  A cup of coffee: I will be the first to admit that I am a coffee addict. So what better way to start your day than with a cup of coffee personally delivered from your closet friend? For a personal touch, leave a cute little note on the side of the cup and decorate it with hearts.  Nothing says friendship like coffee… for those of you who are reading this I like my coffee with 1 pump of hazelnut, just saying.

2.  Decorate their door: What better way to surprise someone after a long day of classes than with hand made decorations. I suggest taping up hearts that have personal handwritten messages. This is the perfect way to cheer up those who are dwelling over the single life.

3.  Movie Night: If the thought of romantic dinners and reservations is getting you in a tizzy, why not spend the night with your closet girlfriends. For a cute way to suggest the idea leave a box of candy and a bag of popcorn at your friend’s door and write a little note saying “you can pick the scary movie.”  

4. Picture Frame: If you really want to show your friend how much you care, why not frame a cute picture of you two. On a funny note, use a picture of you the two modeling your best funny pose. Place the frame on their desk so they can always remember your valued friendship.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."