I Embrace You Presents The Positive Power of Art

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Get your creative juices flowing, collegiettes! A few hours after wrapping up their usual Free Hug Friday tomorrow, Boston University’s I Embrace You will be hosting a special presentation and workshop: The Positive Power of Art with Bren Bataclan. Bren Bataclan is a Boston-based artist that is known for his SmileB street artwork and his most recent nationwide tour in which he literally gave away his artwork to strangers for positivity’s sake. Attached to each painting is a note that encourages passersby to promise they will smile more often. This tour was made possible through a Kickstarter campaign that raised three times Bataclan’s initial goal!

Bataclan visited BU in 2010 to facilitate a similar presentation through the same student organization, previously named Hug Don’t Hate. Since then, Bataclan has spoken at Rollins College, Boston College, Stonehill College, and Harvard University, along with smaller-scale primary and secondary school presentations around Massachusetts. He has also added some new characters to his SmileB repertoire (below).

Learn more about Bataclan and attend the workshop to create your own SmileB art at The Positive Power of Art with Bren Bataclan! The event will be fully catered by Catering on the Charles. Drawing and painting supplies will be provided. I Embrace You hopes to see you at the event, in the GSU Academy Room on December 6, 2013 from 5:30 to 8:00 PM! RSVP on Facebook

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.