I Bought The New Kardashian/Jenner Apps So You Didn’t Have To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The Kardashians/Jenners are Hollywood gold! It’s hard to go anywhere without seeing their faces on a magazine cover, watching them take over fashion shows or spotting a familiar face in a commercial. Despite negative feedback from the outside, they still seem to use their platform to promote not only themselves, but also fashion brands they love. Rumor has it, Kim K is paid $40,000 to post a photo of herself in an outfit with a captioning and tagging of the design and make.   

Regardless of how someone feels about their personal choices, the family is definitely a marketing magnet and knows how to appeal to their fans. The Kardashian/Jenner clan partnered with Apple to unleash their personalized apps on September 14, 2015. Kim already has her own game, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, which made $74 million last year.  

Although they are a close-knit family, they have different lives and they each tell individual stories through their lifestyle apps. Users can get the app and use it for free during a one-week trial period. After the trial, users are charged $2.99/month on a subscription basis, which can be cancelled at any time. 

Each app is similar in design, but varies in content. Kourtney’s app has not been released yet, but it  is expected to come out before the end of 2015.  

Let’s break down the apps by sister. 

1.  Kim Kardashian West Official App 

itunes.apple.com

Categories

Beauty – Kim shares her beauty secrets to contouring and false lashes. She also releases details on her looks for photo shoots and magazine covers. 

Style – Kim’s everyday outfits are explained and fashionistas are occasionally given affordable options to recreate her own look. Kim even shares looks from little Nori’s closet! 

Obsessed – Kim shares things she absolutely loves from her fashion, woman crush Wednesdays to specific things such as being a mom. 

BTS (Behind the Scenes) – My personal favorite! Kim gives an all access viewpoint on the events she attends and things around her house. For example, she has backstage photos of her and Nori at Kanye’s show at the Hollywood Bowl. Kim shares backstage moments that you probably won’t get to see in the press right away. 

Q&A – Kim has answered one question so far. Anyone can submit a question through the app, but there is no guarantee of a reply. 

Screenshot of Kim’s app in section BTS. Users swipe up to see more details. 

2. Khloe’s Kardashian Official App 

itunes.apple.com

Categories: 

Khloé XO – Khloé chronicles her personal experiences. For example, the time she got her tramp stamp removed. She even did a Khloé XO on pubic hair (or lack thereof)! 

Glam – All of Khloé’s beauty and fashion secrets are revealed! (Khloé is the only sister without a specific style category). 

Fit – Khloé invites her fans into her health and fitness world. She shares gym essentials, (health conscience) food porn, and her workout routines. 

Video – This section combines videos from all sections of her app. She has a Ebony & Ivory special, featuring her best friend Malika.  

Screenshot from Khloé’s XO section.

3. Kendall Jenner Official App 

itunes.apple.com

Categories:

Life – Kendall takes her fans on various adventures through her life. She shares her love for horses and activities to do in her free time. Then of course, there is her weekly Instagram (IG) Saturday section that chronicles her IG posts.  

Model – Kendall features her modeling photo shoots and campaigns. During fashion week, she posted about her favorite parts of the shows she walked in. 

Style – Similar to Kim, Kendall’s style section includes her favorite looks with more affordable clothing options for fans to buy. 

Travel – Because she travels so much as a model, she has a special category for the places she visits, where she does photo shoots and runway shows. She talks about her favorite shows to watch on-the-go and shares what’s in her travel bag.  

A feature from the Model section. 

4. Kylie Jenner Official App

itunes.apple.com

Categories:

Radio- Kylie features a daily song on her app. It’s usually her song of the moment or a suggestion from her friends.  

Glam- Kylie is known for her big lips and hair extensions. She shows users how to obtain these looks among others such as her nails and crazy hair colors.  

Kylie features her mermaid hair in the Glam section.

Looks – Kylie posts her OOTDs (outfit of the day) and a feature she calls “Needed” which talks about a trend that she cannot resist and must have. She offers affordable versions of these items to users as well. Of all the sisters, she has the best options for outfit replicas. 

Lyfe – This category is broad. Kylie posts videos giving a tour of her mansion and also features people she thinks are noteworthy like Kimmie Kyees and Tiffany Sorya.  

As one may think, the app(s) are perfect for the Kardashian/Jenner super fans. It offers you a look into their worlds and makes you feel as if you actually know them. (NOTE: There are some technical glitches in the apps. When you try to select one category, the application leads you to a different category).  

Advertising and Journalism major at Boston University. Fashion is my passion. Lover of all things Law and Order: SVU, Empire, and Keeping up with the Kardashians. Follow my Twitter @thisgirljazmyne and Instagram @jazmyne_143! Xoxo
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.