How to Survive the Last Month Before Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I cannot believe it is already April. First of all, March felt like it didn’t exist. And secondly, I don’t know about you, but personally I am going to be really sad when this year is over. As a freshman, the experiences and memories I have gained will last with me forever and I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to BU for the summer. But either way, summer is summer and nothing beats relaxing on the beach or chilling with friends from home. Here is some advice to survive this last bittersweet month before summer!

1. The most difficult thing about this last month is for sure going to be the tempting sunny days when all you want to do is push off all your work and go outside. But with finals right around the corner, I don’t think giving up your study habits and not caring about school anymore will do anyone any good. Instead, I recommend grabbing a friend or study buddy, heading outside, and doing your work there. This way, any work you have to do will be slightly more enjoyable and you will be able to experience the gorgeous weather too.
  2. Speaking of friends, make sure you hang out with them! With one month left of school, that means only one month left for a lot of collegiates™ to be with our friends here. It’s sad to think about, especially after seeing all of your friends practically on the daily. Don’t worry they are still going to be at BU next semester! If possible, you and your friends could even plan trips to visit each other over the summer, that way you have something to look forward to.

3. With there only being one month till summer, use this time to your advantage. Everyone needs to get ready for summer sometime and you can do so by hitting the gym more often for that bikini-ready bod, maybe start taking out the Jergens to get rid of the winter ghost skin, and get into the summer spirit with brightly-colored nails and clothes. Doing all of this, knowing that summer is near, will not only get you ready for summer, but also make this last month of school a whole lot easier.
  4. For a lot of us there is only one month left to be in Boston till fall. Right now, is the perfect time to check out all the places in Boston that you have been meaning to see all year. Each weekend, try to hit up at least one new and exciting place with friends, whether it is a store, restaurant, museum, or park. The weeks will fly by, making this last month way more survivable.
  5. Lastly, appreciate all that BU and college life has to offer before the school year comes to an end. As we all know, there are so many resources at school that you can’t find anywhere else. Also, think about how much it stinks to not have a dining hall so close to you at all times; not cool.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."